Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Radiator for 28-29 Model A with SBC?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louder50, Dec 19, 2018.

1. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

I need a radiator for my 28 Model A. It's a stock rebuild 350 with a 350 trannyband Ford 9" rear. I think I have it narrowed down to Walker or Brassworks but before I lay down 800-1000 dollars I figured I would ask for input from people. I don't want to buy this part twice. It has to fit in a repro 28-29 shell.

2. I’ve used Custom Auto Radiator out of N.J. on both a ‘29 Roadster and a ‘36 Roadster with wonderful results. I’ve also had two radiators from Walker. They both had to be repaired because of leaks after a short period of time. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

3. redo32

redo32

Both of those companies build good if not excellent radiators. I don't know of anyone having problems with either and I know guys that have been running Walkers for over 30 years.

4. catdad49

catdad49

Have a Walker in mine and it runs cool with a Zips riser. I don't know how old it is but I had to have two pinholes fixed when I first got the car 3yrs. ago.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

I have an older Walker in my 29. Had another in a T bucket. No complaints. I do have to get a zips, though. I'm running a stock 350, turbo350, 9 inch.

6. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

Lots of mixed feedback, are they both constructed of the same materials? I met a guy at a local show with a Walker in a 32 and he said it seemed light and when he installed it he said the fins were easily damaged and seemed kind of lightweight and cheaply built. It hasn't leaked on him but he seemed indifferent to the Walker. I've been saving up my lunch money so I just want to buy the best:)

7. I got tired of fixing leaks and loose solder joints on my Walker. Had Brassworks build a radiator for my RPU and am totally happy with it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

Thanks everyone, I'm going to give Brassworks a call.

9. raven

raven

I use a 64-6 mustang radiator. Inexpensive and fits.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Blues4U and pecker head like this.