Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gary McCormick RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Stimac, Dec 10, 2018.

1. John Stimac

John Stimac

My dear friend and longtime 32 Ford builder and collector Gary McCormick from Peoria Illinois
    passed this morning. I am in deep mourning.

2. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've known Gary as a friend for a long time. He was a man who truly enjoyed his retirement building and showing a variety of the best 32 Fords in the country. He'll be missed especially at the LARS where he was someone everyone knew. He was a real gentlemen. We'll miss him. RIP

4. So sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family and friends... I understand your pain as I am going through the same thing.
    Chappy

5. Gary was a true hot rodder and a builder of the nicest Deuces in the Midwest who always had a big smile and a friendly hello. We had great conversations every time we saw each other. I met him and Everett Gray 15 years ago at a V-8 Club swap meet in Peoria and we were friends ever since. Godspeed Gary.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hnstray likes this.
  6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very sad to hear and he was a great guy our prays for the family and friends...

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Rest In Peace Gary..... :(

8. Gary had some nice cars other than 32's,...may he rest in peace.

9. Lil32

Lil32

Gary. R.I.P
    Prayers to Family
    John, sorry to hear of your loss

Noel

10. A very hospitable and fun person who enjoyed not only the cars but the people of the hobby. So pleased to have met and known him. RIP Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and Hnstray like this.
  11. Sorry for your loss of a friend....May he RIP...….

12. 343w

343w

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace..

13. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Knew Gary for many years as he attended the Shadetree Rod Runs in Nashville Tn. His cars were winners many times. RIP GARY.

14. My condolences, especially to you John & all that knew Gary, I never had the privilege of meeting him but it's obvious he was well known and a friend to many. HRP

15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I am very sorry to learn of Gary's passing. Chuck Gray got Gary and I together several years ago when I was selling my late brother's 3 window project to help settle the estate for my Niece.. Gary was a complete Gentlemen at that time and continuously thereafter. After finishing the car, he invited my niece and family to see it....a very thoughtful and generous consideration......Gary's trademark behavior.

Usually saw Gary at many Rod events and his annual party....last talking with him in Des Moines this past July. He was optimistic about surviving his medical issues and the new technology that was on it's way.

Gary will be missed by everyone who had the privilege of knowing him........

Ray

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to the McCormick family and friends on the passing of Gary. Thoughts to you John being close to Gary making this a even more a heartfelt loss.

Thanks for sharing this sad news with us.

Regards,
    Stogy

17. Visited with him several times a year, a real nice guy. He will be missed. Rest in peace Gary and God bless,

18. 392

I tip of the hat is done.

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

20. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I met Gary about 10 years ago while he was out West for the LARS . Since then he has become a part time customer and an even better friend . He and his great group of hot rod buddies would come out several times a year and it was always something that I would look forward too. We just spoke last week of their upcoming visit to attend the GNRS next month . We've all lost a really nice man , RIP.

21. Kate McCormick

Kate McCormick

Hi All,

I'm Kate, Gary's daughter. Thank you for your kind words. My Dad loved the street rodding community with his whole heart. My Mom and I are so grateful for the love you had for him and the fantastic life experiences you gave him. We had a BEAUTIFUL service yesterday full of lots of tears AND lots of laughter. My Dad would have loved it.

I have attached a link to the obituary I wrote for him at the bottom of this post. He was a man who crammed many lifetimes into one and wow, was I lucky to have him as my Dad.

I want you to know that while my Mother and I are aching for Gary, we are also relieved that he was having fun with friends and then, he was gone. That was how he would have wanted it.

Please know that we'll be thinking of you and that my Dad's spirit is with you.

Please, leave a chair out for him at the shows.

Much love to you during this sad time.

https://www.garydeitersfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Gary-Mccormick-3/
    IMG_0279 2.jpeg IMG_0215.jpg

Petejoe, pprather, Hnstray and 3 others like this.
  22. bonesy

bonesy

23. rust&patina

rust&patina

Sorry for your loss . . . RIP

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May he rest in peace, I didn't know the man but have appreciated his cars for a lot of years when I saw photos of them.

25. Sorry to hear the sad news of his passing...Thoughts and Prayers to all...

Sent from my SM-A520F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. woody jim

woody jim

GARY, WAS GOOD FRIEND AND A GREAT GUY, WILL MISS HIM, LOVED THE TRIPS TO CA. WITH HIM,..... RIP

27. showrod

showrod

I met Gary I couple of years ago when I helped him carry some 32 ford fenders he purchased. A great guy, loved by so many. I hope they have 32's in heaven. RIP.