Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUR HISTORIC CUSTOMS DESTROYED IN MALIBU FIRE

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Austinrod, Nov 13, 2018.

1. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

The destruction of these collections should make every one of us consider our own storage facilities. The more in one place, the greater risk all will be destroyed at the same time. I figure insurance companies figured this out a long time ago and charge rates accordingly. Might be better to have several small places than one large one. Just something to think about.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

You brought it up. Good try though!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. spiritof67

spiritof67

This is one of the reasons why you MUST have someone nearby with a key to your garage. To all who lack trust, I say look at what can happen...I heard about a BMW club member almost caught in this tragedy who had members step up and help get his cars to safety. Couldn't do that if there was no one with a key....

4. morac41

morac41

I feel absolutly sick with the destruction of The Norman Timbs Special..this hand built special in alloy with a rear engine Buick straight....I think it had been restored just recently...just heart breaking

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  5. rudestude

rudestude

I just spotted this picture in a September 1949 Popular Science magazine...it's sad these historic cars had to go this way or any tragical way for that matter...whats really sad to me is how , not saying any of this is taking place in these matters, some people can, and do, go through a devastating situation like this only to ,after collecting the insurance,rebuild and start over regroup another collection of what ever in the same location and don't really change anything for the better in the way of better protection from such a tragical event if it should ever happen again..and it can and does happen....but I guess when you look at it as just a business or investment move and your heart is not really into it other than for the reason of $$$$$ then guess it's no big deal because you can just start over....well like real life the human kind , no amount of money can bring them and the history involved with them back...oh copies could be made but with out the rest of the story it's not the same...and for them being something that couldn't help it's self and had to rely on someone to take care of them...wow.. I guess for me ...my cars and the hobby are so much apart of me that a situation of total devastating disaster like this and the fact that it's just me..... I would of just walked back into the flames....just saying... IMG_20181213_092101~2.jpeg

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. 392

Gone but not forgotten.