Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Ford Shoebox 2 Door- SOLD...

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by longbeachcruzer, Dec 10, 2018.

1. City: LongBeach

State: California
    Price: $13,500
    1949 Ford "Shoebox" - Mild Custom

-239 8BA flat head motor, with 3 "on the tree" speed transmission. Car could be considered mild custom as it is shaved, has frenched headlights and taillights, louvered hood, and is equipped with door poppers.
    -12-volt system, with all lights and components operational. Push button starter fires her right up - every time. You wont win any races with this cruiser, but it scoots straight down the road with ease and has no problems stopping. Sounds great with dual exhaust and glass packs.

Trunk is complete and finished to match the interior tuck and roll, I would say the interior is an 8.5 out of 10. Dash lights up amazingly, and all interior emblems are in place. There is some slight rust noted under the car on the rocker folds, nothing structural and a fairly easy repair if you are concerned about it. No rust on pan, in any of the wheel wells or tub.... but keep in mind as this car is almost 70 years old.

Paint polishes up real nice and chrome is excellent. Not a show winner, but will turn heads. Some minor cracking in the paint around the lower trunk area under the tail lights, probably due to the age in which the tail lights were frenched. Also some minor cracking on the hood where hinges are. Does not effect the hood as it closes tight. White wall tires, and car will come with rear tire skirts. Skirts will need to be re-painted as they were damaged a few years ago and paint is scratched.

Looking for $13,500, or willing to trade for something of value at or around 15k. Love me some old Americana collectibles, vintage cars, motorcycles..etc. Please no junk or imports. Possibly trade up of you have something I just can't live without.

I've done my best to represent this car as honest and best as possible, not looking to waste your time or mine. Keep in mind, this car is priced very fair due to some of these blemishes. This would be a 25k car if it was perfect.

In no hurry to sell, as I have a nice shop to store it at until the right deal comes around.

Feel free to email me with questions at [email protected]
    Please no creeps or low ball offers, I'm already on Craigslist and get enough of that.. Title in hand. Located in Long Beach / Signal hill CA

Attached Files:

missmuriel and Greaser Bob like this.
  2. Bumpity bump bump..

3. SOLD SOLD SOLD....