Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features ive been searching for X for Y years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bct, Dec 12, 2018.

1. bct

bct

A little fun and someone for sure will find something, just before xmas.
    I'll start

I've been searching for a 36 international windshield for 9 years.

your turn.......

2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I searched for my 65 Galaxie, for at least 20 years, before finding the car in my avatar.

Bones

bct likes this.
  3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

think their missing the point

BigDogSS and bct like this.
  4. oldolds

oldolds

I would imagine he is looking for the windshield frame. That may be the challenge.

bct likes this.

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

my unicorn is a wilton c3 vise

bct likes this.
  6. I have been searching for a barn find 32 ford for almost 60 years.

slv63, big duece, bct and 5 others like this.
  7. I've wanted the 57 Cadillac in my avatar since 1957. Found the right one in 1996, Took me 20 to get it on the road.

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I don't know what I want.:D

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I like buying vintage parts. Some I need, most I don't. It's bad:oops:

spurgeonforge and Texas Webb like this.
  10. lake_harley

lake_harley

I've been searching for Waldo ever since he went missing.
    Lynn

Chris and 56don like this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A letter to Algebra.
    Dear Algebra please stop telling me to find your x.
    She hates you and she isn’t coming back :D

12. Perfection for 80+. Beginning to think I missed the bugger.

Ben

13. Looked for 10 years for an inner header panel for my 34 coupe and got one last summer. Now I'm looking for my long lost [since '72] 57 Pontiac 2 door sedan. 34header4.jpg 57Ponchoonstreet.jpg

spurgeonforge and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I’m still looking for enough money to finish my car. And some other things I want to finish.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Let's make this fun, it was just the other day someone here on the HAMB posted a similar thread asking "what are you trying to find" or something like that.
    This ain't no rare old rusty antique car part like many are looking for, as a matter of fact in its original working environment it would be continuously covered in oil, many here may never have ever even heard of one.
    This particular part was used on only one Chevy small block and only in one model group and for only two production years, yep, it's a 1966/67 Chevy II/Nova windage tray from the legendary 327/350 hp engine. All (or most) of the other windage trays can be found at nearly any swap meet, not these, many seasoned small block guys have probably never heard of them.
    This is the one I'm using, made by modifying one from another small block application to get my engine assembled, it will work fine, it's just one of those "finishing touch" parts that has eluded me for 30 years.
    20181212_071949.jpg

Original GM issue.
    20181212_072221.jpg

Texas Webb and bct like this.
  16. bct

bct

i built one in high school . star chief American model . great car.

17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Hey BCT,

I looked for 9 years before I found the power window switch parts for my ‘47 Buick convertible. Literally bought one piece at a time to get two complete switches.

bct likes this.
  18. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Say why and valve covers for SBC for so long that I forgot how long Ive been looking....

19. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked for a reasonably priced starter "switchover" for an Olds Rocket for three years until I found one for $300. I passed on a couple in the $750 area. Last week I talked to a guy that I worked with in the late'50's, and he said he had one I could have (free) because he was never going to use it. Go figure.

Hnstray likes this.
  20. Sorry I couldn't find yours, but I did come across this at a local show recently... always liked the mid 50's pontiac body styles
    <sorry about the photo edit but this way is less offensive to delicate sensibilities>
    Chappy

21. I've been searching for some of those yellow Pontiac hubcaps for minutes now...

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Been looking for a 53/54 Corvette exhaust manifold that someone does not know what it fits and can get a deal on it,I ran into a couple that were too rough for the restorers to use but still wanted around 800 dollars for them. After 30 years I did find the 36 Chevy car glove box door with the clock and ash tray that will fit my 37 truck but for alot more then the 75 dollars one was priced at when I first seen one.

23. dan31

dan31

Was looking for my high school car , a ot 66' Satellite , for 30 years . Saw a guy broke down on the side of the road last summer in a 34 coupe,it was the gut I sold it to!. Asked he if he still had it and he said no he had sold it 6 months after he bought it from me to some kid that wrapped it around a telephone pole as soon as he bought it. Kid survived ,car didn't.:oops:

24. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

I've been looking for door glass frames for my 40 Buick convertible for two years. Bought some repros from a Cadillac guy in NV but they fell out of the box when shipped to me. Finally found some last week but I had to buy the whole darn car to get them.

25. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

So @Chappy444 , I see you're not one of the guys on the Photoshop thread. ;) Just kidding. I think it's a shame when they put those big ass wheels on something nice like that.

26. I am actually fairly well versed in Photoshop, i run a (non car related graphic t-shirt business on the side), but i get paid for that work LOL. These I did with the built-in picture app on my phone.
    The rims on that car are not that big at all (they are smaller diameter than a 1932 wires), and the side wall is normal height (the guy drives the car)
    however, the rim itself is not a 1963 torque thrust, chrome reverse, wire, steelie, hubcap, etc. they are just a tasteful 5 spoke variant that does not detract from the car at all.
    Chappy

J. A. Miller and loudbang like this.
  27. Looking for quiet peace under liberty.

28. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Been looking for a woman into old cars enough to tolerate me and be my wife, going on 20 years now...

RMONTY, scotty t and williebill like this.
  29. I just scored the last needed wire wheel hub cap for my 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe. These are some of the toughest to find in any kind of usable shape. It came WITH THE ORIGINAL BOX! Only took twelve years to find a full set. Picture 27593.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    59bones, Hank37, B Bay Barn and 6 others like this.