Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Old friend...R.I.P

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Dec 12, 2018.

1. I just found out that a member here from Alabama," loburban", aka Randy Clanton had passed away. He seldom if ever posted much.
    It was some time back but I have been out of touch with my hometown and just found out about it. Mostly everyone in the Gadsden Alabama area for miles around knew him because he got around a lot. Always cutting up and cracking jokes, I will miss him even though we only saw each other at car shows over the last few years.

loudbang, Deuces, partsdawg and 2 others like this.
  2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

God, Don... (doggone? Close...no disrespect, but...) How can we 'explain' it? Can't.

Really sorry for your loss, had to reply 'cause I lost my best bud in January of last year...
    Didn't know, as I called him and he said, "Goin' to the Doc, some more tests..."
    Symptoms sounded like a stroke...
    Next thing, he was gone.
    Life isn't kind to us 'elders'...

loudbang and 56don like this.
  3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

my condolences, godspeed.

56don likes this.
  4. Don, when we talk about old friends we think about all the memories you shared that are so special to you, I offer my condolences my friend! HRP

56don likes this.

5. catdad49

catdad49

Don, Thoughts and Prayers for his Family and You.

56don likes this.
  6. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Sorry for the loss of your buddy Don. The passing of relatives, loved ones and friends is one of the hardest things about getting older. At 67 I have lost many, including my oldest son to cancer. I find as time goes by the memories of the good and fun times takes away a lot of the pain. God speed to your friend.

williebill, chryslerfan55 and 56don like this.
  7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to his family and friends. Sorry for the loss of your old friend.

56don likes this.
  8. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Sorry about that Don.

chryslerfan55 and 56don like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to see that. I remember that he posted once in a while over the years.
    I lost one of my boat and hot rod buds a bit over a year and a half ago and he was on the Hamb but I can not remember his screen name here.

56don likes this.
  10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sorry for the loss...I remember some of his posts.i lost a good friend reciently. just makes us all think when ya start to get older, get your stuff in order, and get your butt in the garage and get it done!

56don and WillyKJr like this.
  11. mopacltd

mopacltd

Many an 'ol friend may pass, but the memories will remain. RIP to all our ol' friend!

56don likes this.
  12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I thought you knew, Don. I'll take responsibility for not asking you about it. I forgot that you were from there. You meet him once, he knew you from then on.....

56don likes this.