Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Differential cover testing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine man, Sep 27, 2018.

1. indyjps

indyjps

Havent watched the videos yet, interesting topic.

Ive wondered about the nascar pumps and coolers, if run on a typical street strip car, if youd put as much heat in from the pump as you would take out. Lot more wind thru the cooler in a nascar setting.

Gale Banks made an early impression on my hot rodding education. My uncle owned a construction company and got a new truck every other year, being the bossman his truck had to be the best one, of course. He had Gale banks turbos put on his mid to late 80's fords. Always took me for a ride before and after. Dont remember a lot of the details, only that I came to the realization that anything can be made faster, even a 3/4 ton ford diesel.
    He had every truck he drove tuned or turned up from the mid 80s to his last - 2016 duramax - 80 years old pulling a backhoe at 90mph across a few states.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    saltracer219 and loudbang like this.
  2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Will we see a Banks dyno?