Register now to get rid of these ads!

History looking for info on this hemi crossram 2x4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi rodder, Feb 20, 2015.

1. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

100_6389.JPG here is the engine in my son's project, will be in there for as long as do not need my spare motor

kidcampbell71 and 55 Ford Gasser like this.
  2. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

the person(Wayne Lamontagne) I got intake from told me after I had bought it that. quote in e-mail( talked to Roland Leong the hawian and he confirmed that Vic Edelbrock was a friend of his in the early day's and that he had been on vics boat and said yes the boat had a 392 chrys hemi with a Cross ram dual four hand mad manifold, so you do own a piece off history) I would like to find a picture of it in his boat to prove it or speak to Roland myself(I am at other end of country) like that will ever happen.
    getting the tractor pinstripe next week.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

got pinstriping done, just front tank and wheely bars left to do 100_6724.JPG 100_6728.JPG 100_6732.JPG 100_6729.JPG

4. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

any body happen to come across anything

5. Have you tried to contact Roland ?

6. Fordors

Fordors

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. With that said here’s what I think.
    Vic Sr. died in November 1962 and at that time I don’t believe any Edelbrock manifolds were made for square bore (Carter AFB or 4150 Holley) applications. Roland Leong was 17 in 1962 and either that year or maybe starting in 1963 he was working at Dragmaster.
    I guess it’s possible he could have met and spoken to Vic Sr. in ‘62 but the man was seriously ill and probably wasn’t hosting many visitors, let alone unknown 17 year olds.
    In another post we learn that Wayne Lamontagne said that Vic E. was a friend of Leong. It’s more likely that Vic Jr. and Roland were friends but in Jr.’s era he was developing manifolds for the latest offerings from Detroit, would he have bothered with a cross ram for the 392?

hemi rodder likes this.
  7. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

only place I could find was on facebook messaging, but no reply

8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Interesting thread.I`ll saddle up and go along for the ride.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

9. kidcampbell71 likes this.