Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help identifying heater...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gbrown, Dec 8, 2018.

1. gbrown

gbrown

I was given this heater yesterday to put in the new sedan. Would like to restore it but first I wanted to see if anyone could identify it for me. Gentleman that gave it to me said he thought it was out of a 35-36 Ford but I thought those would be gas. Any help would be much appreciated.

Photo attached to post.

IMG_1110.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. These are pics i kept 'cause i like them. Had a few as well just like these only they were made in Denmark. Allways polish the front and colour between the lines. If you overpaint with the lines just wipe away with a tight cloth.
    FANCY4.jpg FANCY13.jpg

Texas Webb, mgtstumpy and F&J like this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that is an aftermarket heater. in the old days cars did not come with heaters and all were installed at the dealer or your local mechanic.

4. gbrown

gbrown

@34 GAZ in the first photo you posted of the polished heater I see it has a name on it of Premier do you know if that is the actual name of the company that made these?

5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That Polished up real nice...just picked up this one...was blown away when it arrived.... image.jpeg

Texas Webb and F&J like this.
  6. Like 49ratfink said, aftermarket so different names. I,ve had a few made in U.S.A. and made in Europe. Sometimes the lines and grooves on the faceplate are a little different.

7. gbrown

gbrown

Started my heater restoration project this evening. Got the heater completely disassembled and all the little pieces bagged. My plan is to take the heater core to a radiator repair shop to see if this one is salvageable. I think it is, put the box and fan in a bucket of vinegar and eventually take the front face piece to a local polisher to see if it can be polished like the one above.

IMG_1115.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Canuck

Canuck

HaDees by Liberty Foundries, Rockford Ill. art deco heater

17-11-08 Defrost blower start.JPG
    Defrost Blower.JPG
    Might still have some left over parts, know I have some knobs and the core. Did a custom back with 2 small muffin fans to serve as a defrost blower. Maybe the fan. Let me know if you need any.

Got mine from a friend that got it laying on the floor of a 53 Chevy AD.

F&J likes this.
  9. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Canuck , that looks boss , the wrinkle paint is that Krylon...

10. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gbrown that core could probably be a standard size..mmmm I think I saw a size catalogue somewhere...

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Squirrel probably has that answer...