Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 5000 + DOVER DRAG STRIP Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino the weirdo, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Yup ...5000 +...lost count ...Collected since 2008,when we asked guys on our website forum to submit thier personal albums. Responce was awesome. One Collection was rescued from an attic of over 1400 original 35mm negatives (We Converted).Another 800 pristine color slides that look like they were taken yesterday.( converted them too). Too much to post here SO...go to home page of www.doverdragstrip.com .....still getting new all the time Click On 'GALLERIES" -an alphebetical list of doners last names comes up.Click on any to see thumb nails. Click on any of those to enlarge. Notice 'load more" ... 76390022.JPG Starter1963.jpg 76340009.JPG Be patient (Lot of data) and get a cooler and a bag of chips.

2. catdad49

catdad49

Is the digger the Hellzapoppin' Chevy (2nd pic) from N.Y.?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hmmm - guess I am slow but, could not get to pics

4. catdad49

catdad49

Joker, go to the link in the post. It takes awhile to load and then you will see the Galleries heading. The pics are listed under the names of the people that contributed them. Hope this helps, Carp.

5. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Yes!

Pat

loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

Awesome Awesome. But I haven't found any of me yet ;)

catdad49 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

For a couple for you Pat :)

pat1.JPG

pat4.JPG

pat5.JPG

A couple more of the others :rolleyes:

US Mule II

pat us mule.JPG

Don't know this one

pat3.........JPG

8. loudbang

loudbang

Had a chance to buy this one for $500 back about 1966. I didn't have the whole amount and my father refused to lend me the money for a convertible in our area and "it will be too fast for you". :(

buy it.JPG

RMR&C, BigO, 31hotrodguy and 4 others like this.
  9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OUCH!!!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

_DSC0377.JPG The Restored "Hellzapoopin", is Owned by Bobby Schlegel of Carmel, N.Y. Shows it every year at the Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags at Lebanon Valley.He Also owns "Alley Oop" the old Danbury Modifiers club Dragster-THAT is For Sale.

chryslerfan55, loudbang, F&J and 3 others like this.
  11. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

From My Drag Strips Gone IVO poster 72.jpg

12. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Heres The Alley Oop car Then & Now Alley Oop at Syracuse.jpg 24.jpg

chryslerfan55, loudbang, F&J and 5 others like this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]Always nice to see an "unseen" photo of the U.S. Mule II never knew it was once red, I should have kept it. Bob

chryslerfan55, loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  14. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

76640039.JPG some more from the Archives... Read first post to access... Entrance Sign 02.jpg Little Giant.jpg 09.jpg

15. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Bob...You'll like This ...From Fred Harrison collection...He bought the "L 01.jpg 78.jpg 83.jpg 61.jpg ittle Giant" from Brazee Bros. & Sabis. Now in texas and sent a bunch of cool stuff....

16. catdad49

catdad49

Is that R.F. hat?!

loudbang likes this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Dino! This is an early Christmas gift to all of us, Merry Christmas to you and your family! Bob

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think they were called Hillbilly Hats, popular DSCF9183.JPG at Dover. Bob

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  19. catdad49

catdad49

Oh yeah, a couple of us wore them at work to keep all the stuff out of our long, hippie hair ( not a problem anymore)!

20. catdad49

catdad49

Dino, forgot my manners. A Big Thanks for all the Great fotos!

21. loudbang

loudbang

Yea Forgot too, that is one hell of a big job collecting, processing, and posting all those great photos GOOD JOB to Dino and his crew.

catdad49 likes this.
  22. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

LoudBang...Yes ."big job" ..The ODF galleries we called them (OLD DOVER FARTS) when we started the whole thing back in 2008 on our forum. Lot of $ and time tracking them all down. Then the scan -converting .-Photoshop editting...If we couldn't do it in house , we sent them to NYC (Slides) to be done right. That was 10 years ago .Since then tech has improved. ... we had to overhaul our Dover site & forum 3 times. ...Saw Ryan here had to,too...Our Track Historian Brian Marasco would get a "lead" or a phone call,and drive all over the northeast ,visiting donors and grabbing the jewels. I'd get stuff sent to me in my N.C. location. Scan and send back. And we STILL get stuff. Facebook -love it or leave it has been a absolute goldmine for material. Its our instant gratification culture now. Real easy to post on Facebook. And real easy for me to copy-paste. Most though have been direct to us submissions. Speaking of Facebook.... I use it a lot for Business marketing and 'networking' .....BUT . nothing beats our forum at www.doverdragstrip.com Theres 38700+ posts in 3532 topics. At the Index page scool down for Sub headings. On facebook ...every new post drives down off the page ,all the previous. Not so at a forum (like This) You can cruise around all day . At the Forum It's ALL Dover. I tell guys on Facebook.GO THERE and use the search featur. What ever you asked about is Already there .Ten years worth of Dover info from all over the country-where ever the Guys moved to. ................................. I've been "off the Hamb" for a while, not keeping up with "Dover News" ...Kinda busy at my real job Carolina Signworks ( Signs -lettering-pinstriping -custom paint) and took on running the Dover Drag Strip Nostalia Drags for the last ten years..."then" Took on 6 years ago running the Gasoline Alley Nostalgia Race Car Display at the Syracuse Nationals ...."then" last Jan. put up www.dragstripsgone.com online memoribialia website. Said all that to say this..."I'm Back" and will keep ya informed and post regularly what I think will brighten your day. Wow my finger hurts from typing.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  23. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

""People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"... Good line Loudbang....Remember the Billboard outside Fort Dix-and Mcguire air force base "Sleep well tonight -your Air Force is awake"....

chryslerfan55, loudbang and The37Kid like this.
  24. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Related to Old Dover Stuff is these decals I originally designed back then and have 'replicated' ...oughta shake up some memories ...withn a shot ,related to it. Please respect my Art and copyright .The jacket is the Real original of our stater Al ...found after 35 years.
    bandr_speed_specialties.png 030_6.JPG 1974_summer_jam__BLACK_decal.png IIngles and Fast Eddie.jpg dsa.png Neri's 'First Trunk-My First Mural.jpg 69 Decaljpg.png OFFICIAL JACKET.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  25. hey Dino, had a good time at the reunion this year, first time i was able to make it! good job.
    Ted

loudbang likes this.
  26. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Rat Fink Hat.jpg

27. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Back to Topic... easy as 1-2-3 clicks at Dover Homepage. Click on thumbs to enlarge....copy-paste-print- nail to garage wall. These and all content at site are copyright protected. Please respect the generousity of the folks that submitted. Don't try to sell or expect old Dover Vietnam vets to knock on your door....the older they get ...the grumpier they are. Enjoy. New Home Dec 2018 Galleries info.jpg

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Dino, If I see a car in the Gallery and want to ask a question about it can I click on it and cut & paste like I do on other sites, or is this not allowed? Conversations with photos go much better. Bob

loudbang likes this.
  29. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Sure ..."Click on thumbs to enlarge....copy-paste-print- nail to garage wall." OR post with question... Or post with credit to source anyplace . Just don't want to see idiots trying to sell on ebay...thats just rude & inappropriate. We provided many Book authors with our rescued photos and they give us the by line credit...Lost Drag Strips is one...The Town of Dover History Book and Car Tech authors did too.