Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical delete

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kid Rocker, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

delete

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. The serial number (sometimes referred to incorrectly as a VIN) is on the top of the left frame rail at the foot of the firewall. Did you move the body? The Model A serial number is under the body, any chance it is a Model A? The same number appears on a '32 two more times on the top of the left frame rail under the body. You can see mine peaking out from under the frame webbing between the flange of the fender and the foot of the firewall.

Charlie Stephens

IMG_0182.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and F&J like this.
  3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I live in Rowan county near Salisbury,NC and when I registered my 26 coupe it didn't have a vin #. I had a clear NC title. I took the car to the Salisbury DMV and they made a vin tag for my car. I don't think you will have to take the vin tag off your car. My experience with the DMV was very good and rewarding...……….

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

With an out of state title they will require inspection. There's a chance they'll assign a NCDMV VIN to it but i can't imagine you'd ever have to pull the body for inspection. I'm in Surry County and the inspectors here are knowledgeable and easy to work with. I've had several inspected in recent years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

If your 32 has an original frame, the numbers will be visible without removing the body, as mentioned
    and shown by Charlie.
    Jim