Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A picture or it didn't happen!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Funkhouser, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

OJ’s shop is in Berryville. You should visit sometime. It’s the real deal.

2. dartracer

dartracer

I'm Dave 59, from Strasburg CO. Mopars all my life, mostly OT, got this 29 Chrysler and have been having a blast with it. Still like my 68 cuda though. IMG_1177.JPG IMG_1180.JPG IMG_1182.JPG

1Nimrod, Okie Pete, Blues4U and 14 others like this.
  3. Hi all. My name is Mike. I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 10 seconds or less nothing else matters...:rolleyes: What the hell is wrong with me, anyway, I built my first car at age 15. Have loved old drag cars since I was born. I only have the coupe right now, but she keeps me busy all the time. She needs constant attention or she takes revenge on me. If she is not ready to race and drive by every april my life is in danger.....Great thread Ron, and outstanding cars guys. :) WIN_20170904_11_54_36_Pro.jpg picture032.jpg

4. Hello all you gearheads out there in HAMB land. My name is Dennis but most of my friends call me Mayor Dennis. I have been into hot rods for ever. Built my first rod in 1957 my senior year of school 31 roadster, then came many more of the years. Now I am retired and mess with them every day. Love it! I have 3 hot rods on the road at this time and one in the build stage. The 3 running ones are all steel deuces. Yellow sedan in my avatar, an roadster and the latest put on the road 3 years back and shared with you all in this photo.
    My wife says I spend way to much time on the HAMB, but it's better than TV.
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year....See ya on the road somewhere, Lonestar (1 of .jpg

5. Great thread idea by the way, Ron.:)

wicarnut, mad mikey, Dino 64 and 2 others like this.
  6. slim tempo

slim tempo

Hey there. I'm Steve from Coventry, CT and here I am getting a plaque for "People's Choice" Award this summer at the Tri-Town Cruzers cruise night. Standing in front of the "Red Rooster". 42332093_10210032860618044_3709358052902699008_n.jpg

7. DON THANKS, I was up very early, and couldn't sleep! Like a lot you guys, I've notice.:rolleyes: lol I was reading a new members intro. and I thought that I know more about them, than a lot of the members that's been here for a very long time. But after I posted it, I amost deleted it! lol I have enjoyed reading them, { and seeing da pictures too} Well a picture or it didn't Happen!;) So here's one of our family driver. It needs a rebuild, but it's so hard to take it off the road. Ron...... 2284.jpg

exterminator, Baumi, belair and 19 others like this.
  8. Hi my name is Dan Brisson. 51 tomorrow. Married to an awesome lady, Shannon. We have two cool kids, Ginger 12, and Desmond 10. We live in Boston.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I fabricate sets and props for films and tv commercials and work on the shooting crew as well during the filming. When I’m not doing that I build custom furniture for wealthy people. Last week I built these trees from spray foam insulation for an internet commercial:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I always loved old cars and motorcycles. My parents did not, so when I left for college I immediately started buying old cars and motorcycles. One after the other. When they broke, I scrapped them (no where to put them! No money to fix them!) then I would save another $500 and start over. Stuff like this:
    [​IMG]

For the past 13 years I’ve daily driven an old Caddy. I love this car. When I have to get some lumber I use roof racks on it. When I have to get a whole lot of lumber or transport big stuff I have an old F250.

I have rebuilt every system on my old Cad myself without hiring anyone. The engine, transmission, suspension, fuel systems, brakes, etc. It cruises easily on the hiway all day long at 100 mph, and with the dual quads from a ‘55 Eldo and a gutted exhaust system, it’s not bad at a stop light for a 5000lb far girl.

.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Despite my low unemployment rate, we have a few money problems, (for 15 years now), and a brand new housing crisis. Just as soon as I resolve them enough to move on, I will be buying an old model A Ford, and using the Tardel book will build something worthy of your mocking and disdain (I lean towards patina, and not doing things properly....)

I dig this site, and am proud to have met a lot of you here, and feel lucky to be able to participate. I’m anti-social and in the real world have trouble making friends. I am grateful for all your generously shared knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Great story, Clunker. Mad skills you have there as well.........Don.:)

10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Some really creative stuff going on there, looks great !

11. Very cool Clunker. You are extremely creative.

12. I'm just Gary.
    High school (class of '80): '53 Chevy.
    Active duty Navy: No garage so a string of rice- and pasta-rockets (sorry for the OT pic).
    Family: '55 Chevy.
    Current: '28 Tudor on deuce rails.
    20170708_165632-1.jpg View attachment 4121067 fam.jpg 42625751_10212693884128667_1015936988739534848_n.jpg

13. Loving that shiny brass top tank on the '55 radiator, Gary.:D

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Hi, I'm Ed, retired engineer, great wife, 2 great Doodles, 5 super grandchildren, 4 adult children. Been into cars, hot rods all my life, got the bug ! I on this sight all the time, art work Fri., die cast Tues. & Sunday models. Have two hotrods a 8 year 32 build a 31 Model A Sedan Delivery and an over the top camper. Cool post Ron ! Merry Christmas to all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  15. [/QUOTE].........................Had an older gentleman, actually my chiropractor at the time, who in his youth did some motorcycle racing, tell me that motorcycles are the only vehicle that you turn left to go right........and vice-a-versa. If you've done much riding and really taken some turns where you scrape the pegs, you'll understand.:)

16. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

.........................Had an older gentleman, actually my chiropractor at the time, who in his youth did some motorcycle racing, tell me that motorcycles are the only vehicle that you turn left to go right........and vice-a-versa. If you've done much riding and really taken some turns where you scrape the pegs, you'll understand.:)[/QUOTE]My left peg on my Sportster is ground almost in half. The bottom of the exhaust on the right side is scraped a bit too...

Thank you Ron for the thread.

Thanks to everyone else who still have the Christmas Spirit! Very refreshing!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Yep, when I was young and indestructible. But I like going fast, so better off on 4 wheels.

18. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is getting better and better Ron...your sleep-deprived brain came up with a good one!

19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

After having kids... Well... I have slowed down a little, and I no longer ride every single day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. leadfoot1000

leadfoot1000

Hey Guys, I’m Steve. I’ve been toying with old cars since the mid 70’s. Back then it was a necessity to have transportation, now it helps me maintain my sanity. I just got my 57 Chrysler back on the road yesterday after detailing the engine compartment and lowering the rear a bit more. I’m liking the ride height now, and I’m trying a few wheel covers to find the right ones. I like the olds fiesta on the rear.

I also have a 54 Chevy PU that I owned since high school, it’s in the middle of a looong and currently idle rodsteration, no pics at the moment.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. j hansen

j hansen

Number 1 on my shopping list

Al G, chryslerfan55, Dino 64 and 2 others like this.
  22. pumpman

pumpman

View attachment 4121491 View attachment 4121493 shop.JPG photo 1.JPG Hi Hambers, my name is Les. Been doing this stuff longer then my memory will allow to think back. First car was when I was 15, my dad bought a 32 five window for $50.00 for me to work on so he would know where I was. That's how old I am. Met my wife when I was in 3rd grade, dated her in high school and married her while in the service. Still married and we are still in love with old cars and hot rods. We are down to three, 32 roadster, 1960 brookwood and a OT chevelle. The 32 is all apart right now for final refresh and will finally get a paint job.

23. ....................Steve, Your Chrysler is a thing of beauty.

24. Hi. My name is Brian and I am an autoholic. I have been sober for 12 minutes ever since I walked through that door for this meeting. I have been told by friends and family not to go cold turkey but have been encouraged to try giving up half my addiction as a start. That means I have to give up either talking about it or thinking about it...... because I'm not giving up any of my cars...... unless it's for some better ones. :cool:

In the 60+ years I've been driving, probably 80/90 percent of the vehicles I've owned have been manual trans and high performance, special interest or modified to be so to some degree. I've spent a lot of time and especially money on late model stuff but now it's time to cut that out and drive some old iron. A 40s/early 50s panel truck is high on my list right now and I presently own a '52 Chevy. But it's a pile and probably is going to go to someone with a little more ambition than I have. Don't let the photos fool you. It's a pile of bad ideas from the last owner and needs to start over. So I'm looking for one closer to the finish line than this one.

DSCN0050.JPG DSCN0022.JPG panel5.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  25. leadfoot1000

leadfoot1000

Thanks Don.

26. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

hello my name is Sasquatch and I have not been sober since I was 1 year old. these are my current addictions. give me some hope for a cure.

richards camera 1112 - Copy.JPG richards camera 1109.JPG

27. dartracer

dartracer

Lead foot, that Chrysler is drop dead sexy.

28. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

I'll play! :p

I'm Al, 62 years old and been messing with cars since '72. Current stuff is this '34 coupe getting some changes: Different wheels/tires, door and trunk handles, rubber running bd covers, cowl lights, louvered hood sides, different head and tail lights, maybe a repaint.
    '64 Catalina 2+2, 73K miles, all original 389, 4 speed car (there's a thread on it here somewhere).
    63&1/2 Galaxie, 390, 4 speed project.
    A couple Harley's when I'm not messing around with cars.

IMG_4944.JPG IMG_1193 (Small).JPG IMG_4146 (Small).JPG IMG_2928.JPG View attachment 4121916 View attachment 4121917