Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Great photos thanks for posting on our Birthday, Marine. :)

enloe and Dog_Patch like this.
  2. Yeah people told me they didn’t walk the pits because they would lose their seat.

Those are Caleb Sewell photos. There’s a link to his page several posts back. His wife took over 300 also that are on their site.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Last race for 2018

farmer12, Hang'emHigh and loudbang like this.
  4. farmer12

farmer12

Great vid once again! Thanks

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  5. A1959C82-E7D4-4FD5-AC8D-C4B1F2D7CFE3.jpeg E88DC0BD-24D8-4CC1-A942-3A93800EFC87.jpeg 4A6FB4D4-C67D-468C-A120-4D22E0398C0C.jpeg AE451AF9-B0DC-450D-9FDB-E92AEC3D86BC.jpeg 05BD54FE-00F6-4B66-BDEA-8CDFC51B1399.jpeg 3BCCDEF0-0908-4B76-909E-DAE0CC41479D.jpeg
    Yeah man last one for a while.

Gotta give props to my buddy @402BOSSMAN he sent a bitchin care package. See the foot wasn’t healing up - surprise - so had to get a screw. That lead to me running out of whiskey and cigars. Nick heard me complain I guess

Thanks Nick! I have a 1964 lighter to fire up the 1964 stogie

6. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Very nice gesture indeed!!

enloe, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  7. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Get healed up and feelin' better soon!

8. jim snow

jim snow

I hope that screw ain't galvanized. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the crew chief. Snowman

9. Get well soon. Nice care package.

10. spanners

spanners

I hope that screw is HAMB era specific.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Now it will be true when people tell you that you are REALLY SCREWED UP :rolleyes:

Hombre, enloe, OahuEli and 2 others like this.
  12. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

Just trying to help a brother out! ;)
    I don't drink or smoke but took a stab at what I thought may be good. That book is a great read. My friend John wrote that book, learned alot about the Summers Brothers and their efforts - Hemi Powered BTW!

13. screw you....:)

14. No quite as good as Cubans …...
    Thanks man! 1 month to go so they say.
    Happy Thanksgiving back to you Snowman!

Titanium !
    All screwed up!

Man that book is incredible. The details on the wind tunnel studies and the build drawings are amazing.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Probably "metric":D

enloe and Dog_Patch like this.
  16. 6sally6

6sally6

No wonder you were hobbling around at Aiken.........looks like you hadda screw in your toe! Glad you didn't get.....toe-mane.
    Knob Creek...........a wonderful pain remover.
    6sally6

17. Hahaha it didn't have a screw in it yet. They said if I stayed off of it for a month it won't need a screw …. so after the finals, it got a screw. Most painful thing I have ever been through. Even with Knob Creek!

18. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

So I was wearing my Q&D shirt today when we went to the EMMR Drag Racing Open House. And I hit the 50/50 drawing! My question is, is there any proprietary income clause that comes with this T-shirt's ownership that says I owe you something or I'll receive a box of dirty socks or something worse? :D

19. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

And for anyone who comes through the Harrisburg, PA area, the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing is a must see. It is a small place but packed with very cool race cars and memorabilia. You should plan to spend a day there, literally. And you still won't get to see all the cool stuff. It's mainly dirt track stuff, but has some drag, hillclimb and oval track stuff. Walls of engines. Some homemade. Pieces of wood from the old wooden oval tracks, etc... Anyhow, check it out if you get a chance.

Sorry for the hijack Tony

20. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

The drag race section of the EMMR can easily keep you busy for an hour or better.

Hang'emHigh, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  21. Hahaha you must have my lucky shirt then - been missing that one! If we make the trek to Canada this summer like the club is talking about, we need to stop in to EMMR. @Circus Bear

22. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

You need to keep me informed about that!!

loudbang, Hang'emHigh and jim snow like this.
  23. Hey man how is the job? Saw GM was doing some plant closings.

Higgy's Henry and loudbang like this.
  24. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Our production is down some but I'm in the mini van business, there is always a need for a vehicle for parents to tote around their rug rats!!!!

loudbang, Hang'emHigh and Dog_Patch like this.
  25. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

That's what they said down the Street from us in Doraville GA, former home of the "u" van.

Dog_Patch, dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

"We'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only need the edge".
    Tony, hope your foot is feeling better.

chryslerfan55, enloe and Dog_Patch like this.
  27. Thanks man! Its been a long 3-1/2 months. Yesterday was the first time since Oct 4th that I walked 100 yards without a crutch or plastic boot. Whatever you do, don't break your feet!

28. catdad49

catdad49

Glad that you're on both feet again! Racing season will be here before you know it.

29. Time is flying - was able to pull the engine out of the car yesterday so that's making progress.

Some sad news from this past week - Hal Reed passed away. He had a shop about 100 yards from @Cabbage where he built Ford engines and helped us all with machine work when we were stuck. I went to the service yesterday and learned a lot about that guy that he never talked about - not that I had ever heard anyhow - he had a car that was owned by Phil Bonner - they said he had it forty years and tried to sell it but no one wanted it. So today I did a little searching to see if that was true - check this out. God speed Hal !
    2-1964-Phil-Bonner-Thunderbolt-A048.jpg

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/hobby-news/barn-find-bonner-1964-ford-thunderbolt-uncovered