Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. No, About 2 or 3 turns. It's difficult because the glass is so short. I'm fighting with it going down evenly. I've tried a few things and it's better but I see now why most guys just put in solid when it is chopped this much. I always have to do things the hard way. It will be up most of the time anyways.

2. Can't wait to see this beast in person!

loudbang, curbspeed and Stogy like this.
  3. Come over and visit Kev. You know my friend you are always welcome. Miss ya pal!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. looking great Dale, what's next on to-do list? really cool to see it coming together

loudbang likes this.
  5. Glass finished up. Door panels. Body detailed and pinstriped/lettering. Front axle fixed.

6. I have it fixed on one side. Going to check out drivers side this weekend. I'm working on it everyday some. I added a shim to the spindle and tightened the kingbolt locking pin and it seemed to work. Long weekend coming and should be able to get some shit done.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  7. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

I do too! The whole thing breaks the mold in such a fantastic way, you should be proud of that sumbitch! Really great man.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

curbspeed, 509garyd and loudbang like this.
  8. IMG_1479.JPG IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1481.JPG IMG_1482.JPG IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1484.JPG IMG_1485.JPG It's wasn't the axle itself after all. We thought it was at first. It turns out I wasn't thorough enough in my initial assemble. Live and learn. I'm going out there this morning and checking the drivers side. It's going to be ok. Worked on adjusting the decklid better last night , greased all fittings. Lots of little stuff to do. It's happening. No worries. Got to make it right. Installed windshield and custom drink holders. Added a couple of decals. Vintage.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  9. I picked up this NOS vintage volt gauge at the Goodguys swapmeet last weekend. I will install it tonight if I'm not too full. Ha! Right. It is dated Feb 1947. Nice to find something neat at a swapmeet for a change. A little more aircraft flavor added. I'll post pictures of it installed later. I do have spot for in on B pillar gauge panel. IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1487.JPG IMG_1486.JPG

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  10. Installed and it works great. I got room for one more gauge if I find something I need that matches. I have pretty much everything now. That's my dimmer switch above it that I will use with my elbow . It works great. IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1491.JPG

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    31hotrodguy, BigO, mgtstumpy and 12 others like this.
  11. Dimmer switch at your elbow...what a novel idea! Love it. I may have to steal that one. As good as my turn signal switch under the driver's seat.

12. Jealousy will get you nowhere with me Roberto. I could make you one if you want. I have a few more of the Stilko oil filters left.

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Curbspeed are your cups shaped like a Coil...:D

20181123_170608.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@curbspeed getting the itch yet...ya gotta be!!!

Hotrod looks fantastic...and that place where the gauge came from rings a bell with me as this old Cycle Cop I used to get Harley parts off mentioned Schenectady a lot. He knew some of the high rollers at Indian. He even had a Four that was owned by one of them.

NOS stuff in the box...can't beat that.

15. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the signal switch, dimmer, horn, and e brake under the seat. Dimmer by the elbow sounds good if I would have had room.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. It's all ready got a attitude gauge. Ha!

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  17. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

I was wondering why your axle hadn't come my way for sleeving yet. Glad to hear it's going to work as is. Did you get rid of the death wobble entirely, or have you had it on the road to check yet?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  18. Call me Tim. I'll tell you all about it.

19. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Love this build, a lot of cool ideas too.

curbspeed, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  20. Thanks. I appreciate it. Right now I'm having a major issue with the clutch linkage not working like it should. Life's lil' frustrating things. It runs good now. I just gotta be able to get in gear.

21. I will find out later tonight after I get my new linkage in.

Stogy, loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  22. Not long enough to fully engage TO bearing into pressure plate. It's in. I ran out of time to try and drive it last night. Tonight I will.

23. I drove it over to my friends house last night.(3 miles over and back) It drove pretty good. Shifted through all 4 gears. Lots of small details to work out but overall I'm happy Loud as hell and pretty damn stout with the 380 CI Olds in there. Love the whine of the quickchange. 47580565_10157991591494689_301260379214839808_n.jpg 47580419_10157991591339689_4872464973667762176_n.jpg IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1508.JPG

24. Looks great. I love the paint!

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  25. 34Larry

34Larry

Just became aware of your build today. Being from Federal Way, Wa. and Apache Junction Az. and pushing a 34 myself, (jag IFS/IRS make it soooooooooooooo not HAMB friendly), just wanted to praise your ingenuity and craftsmanship. Very nice Job.

chryslerfan55, curbspeed and loudbang like this.
  26. Car looks great! Love that exhaust!

loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@curbspeed congratulations on your completion of your nostalgia packed Hotrod...you have had the Maiden Voyage it seems...a well earned milestone indeed...

Interesting peep mirror location...is that same on the driver side?

Again Awesome Hotrod...;)

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  28. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

Pretty kick ass Dale. What the hell are you gonna do with yourself when you're not building this car anymore? Obviously you won't be busy driving it since you told me it's going to be strictly a trailer queen.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  29. Mirror location is still a work in progress. I do have one on each side. I need to bend the arms so I can adjust them up some. Right now they are not very functional. I'll get them to work. I hope it's no trailer queen Tim.

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Whew! The end of a fabrication journey that kept me surprised, astounded, and satisfied!
    Love to know the details about the tube axle and 'getting the camber back'!

curbspeed, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.