Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 chevrolet coupe inspiration.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Lono, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Lono

Lono

ThNk you rogue, it arrived safe and sound. Now its carefully stashed for the dash replacement come spring.
    Spent a couple days with a buddy of 43 years shooting car stories, blues and tequila.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

Now I can sleep

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

I’d like your opinion. My 41 has a 350 Chevy 700r4 posi nova rear,power 4 wheel disc brakes power rack and pinion steering air conditioning. Original mileage is 49,000. Complete front end is from 1986 g10 with Big away bars and tubular unbelievable strong stuff. What number would you put on a car like that. Thanks in advance. Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Lono

Lono

Wow, sounds strong. I'd say the mid $20s would be a respectable start.

5. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

6. Lono

Lono

Has anyone done an airbag thread? I'd like to read up on an install before I venture down that road.
    While it's getting chopped there's a good chance it's going to get cut to bare metal, hammered and welded up. If I go naked or dressed is the next decision.

7. Lono

Lono

Only 5 weeks of cruising left. I've rolled out about 2000 miles this summer in her. Love it, I basicly parked my daily driver and enjoyed the 41.
    In 5 weeks it's coming off the road and going in for her buz cut.
    Here's a 48 Tyler completed for a fella last fall. Mine will be similar but different with a split rear window. I'll post progress pictures as they come in but there's something else planned.
    I'm going to go bare metal with a candy clear coat. At least that's the plan...updates to follow. received_10156107743703360.jpeg

desotot, shedzed, Fern 54 and 2 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. Lono

Lono

Thanks for sharing Stogy, you're right thats a beautiful car. My old beast has had a rough life. Too many owners with little experience, too much bondo and steel wool to make it look that pristine. It's got to come down to bare metal again and all the uglies repaired properly. If it was a flipper, I'd put it up for sale now as she looks but I want to see this one though to the bitter end. I've got a connection to it now and even with its imperfections, I see her down the road. I'll post a few of the many cars that have come and gone over the years but this gal needs to be around for a while. There's something about a 41 that I just love. No bloated doors like the 46 on and a grill that looks outstanding, the 41 is sweet. And there's something about being behind the wheel cruising down the road, it just is what it is.

Now that I've gotten to know it this summer I have much more planned for her. I've never been a fan of bags but I see them in my future. I want her sitting low and down on the concrete when parked. My plans for midnight blue have faded because I dont want to hide the upcoming metal work with skims of mud. The turret top is just a little out of proportion in my eyes and to that, a chop is a certainty. The chop has to have a good slope to it too without being overdone like a letter box. From the day I first saw it for sale on line, I've seen her with her roof dropped and her tear drop headlights. Got to stay true to it now.

I just found a huge file of projects that have come and gone. I'll post some of them soon.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  10. Lono

Lono

Then Mo planted a seed way back on page 4 of this thread...

Fern 54, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Lono

Lono

The last cruise of the season with my buddy Robin and his 27 Sedan. He's been building it for 8 years and its a blast. At 70 going on 20 Robin is a great friend and I'm so glad to finally see it on the road this year.
    Now my old girl waits to get picked up for her crewcut this winter. Pictures as they come in. Me, I'm loading up and heading south for the winter. Cheers.
    IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg

Attached Files:

Fern 54 and Scooterville like this.
  12. 'Mo

'Mo

The car looks great. The stance is perfect.
    The sedan too.
    Good to see you posting again. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Lono likes this.
  13. Lono

Lono

I haven't gotten around to a few outstanding things like putting the front bumper back on, installing the hidden trunk latch or the solenoids for the doors. any free time I've had I've been driving it as the honey do list really grew this year. The big projects coming over the next year will be the chop over winter, then bags come summer. I want to get it down in the weeds. After that, its the little things and redo the body.
    I normally switch off my cars about every 2 years it seems because they just dont capture my attention but this one seems to have grabbed ahold and has staying power*.
    ....*( plus I'd never recoupe what I'll have into it. o_O )

14. Lono

Lono

dreaming ahead of a set of bags.
    IMG_0020.JPG
    bagged.jpg

Fern 54 likes this.
  15. Lono

Lono

And with the planned chop..... FB_IMG_1539644637715.jpg

16. Lono

Lono

Well, I've been sitting on my hands waiting for my turn in the barber shop. I'm next up. while its in getting a crew cut and attitude adjustment, there may be more in store. It may come out in raw sheet metal, blocked out to baby bottom smooth or just with a primer top. Looks like i'll be selling the shop come spring so this is the "final resting place" car. before chop2.jpg

17. 'Mo

'Mo

Lookin' good. Glad you're enjoying it.
    Can't wait to see what's next!

18. Lono

Lono

Just days away from heading to the barber and in the mean time an idea came to me...
    thoughts?
    chop projection.jpg
    or...
    chop projection no pillar.jpg

Fern 54 and BigO like this.
  19. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

From a fellow 41 Chevy owner....I like the first one better but both are awesome.

Lono likes this.
  20. Had mine photo shopped in a bunch of colors back in 2014. I like the pillars better.

100_1890 (Medium) (2).jpg kustom brown.jpg 100_1889 (Medium).JPG

Fern 54 and Lono like this.
  21. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Depends on how you want to use the car when it's done. I like a 4-seasons machine that won't mind precipitation...

Lono likes this.
  22. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Food for thought. A photoshop of mine. What do you see??!! LOL
    3 window 41.jpg

BigO, shedzed, Fern 54 and 1 other person like this.
  23. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

Ouija Ball says no.

Lono likes this.
  24. Lono

Lono

I love that look on the screen but never seen it look well done in real life. (Yes that includes joe Ballons e mortal classic, it just doesnt look right. At least in my eye that is.

25. Lono

Lono

I agree with your balls Mo. Although it does kinda appeal to me. Maybe if i run across a rotted out coupe one day I'll play with it.

Fern 54, 'Mo and ROCKER77 like this.
  26. Lono

Lono

I know, get on with it already right? I've been in contact with Tyler about the chop and what I really want is a real slope look. this is about a 1.5 - 2 inch front pillar chop and We agree that is very doable. SO, unless I dream up another project for him, this is the look I'll be going for. Now its, just wait a little longer to start. bigchop.jpg

Fern 54 and 'Mo like this.
  27. 'Mo

'Mo

Now, that looks Bit-Chin! :cool:

Lono likes this.
  28. Kustom love 101

Kustom love 101

Fern 54, desotot and 'Mo like this.
  29. Seems a shame to go to all the effort of building a killer custom and then putting a rat roddy clear over bare metal finish on it but not my car.

Fern 54 and Kustom love 101 like this.
  30. 'Mo

'Mo

Lono,
    I didn't want you to miss this Bad Boy Buick (from the Kustom Blues thread.)

[​IMG]

LBCD, Fern 54, Lines and 3 others like this.