Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally dont have to build cars in the driveway.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordf1trucknut, Dec 3, 2018.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

WOW. I was happy when the better half let be build my garage when I moved in with her. It is to small at 24 by 30, but way better than the driveway, and the walk up attic leaves a little more room in the actual garage. 0219171715.jpg

2. @squirrel picked right up on the shadow from the inspection tin. That's a swap meet item to look out for. Great score! A few years back, I got a free forklift and gave it to a friend. It was like the industrial revolution at his place. You may find it difficult to go home at night now..

loudbang and dan31 like this.
  3. Some days you win. It certainly looks like you did.

4. Sporty45

Sporty45

Excellent! Just a little bit jealous right now, my garage doesn't even have heat let alone 18 foot high ceilings!
    Very cool :cool:

5. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

A lift and a fork lift and only 17 miles away , when do I get my key to the garage ? Just kidding nice garage . If you need insulation and are looking for the 4x8 sheets of foam check out the guy on Rt 160 going to Berlin he sells 2nds at a reasonable price , but maybe you already knew that .

loudbang likes this.
  6. bubba55

bubba55

7. That building has charm. A luck score on your part.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

8. I'll pile on and say this is way too cool! Hope you keep the vintage look while upgrading!

It's really neat how we can be so happy for someone else when they get something we'd like!

Rod-On! :cool:

waxhead, mrchewie, clem and 3 others like this.
  9. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Very Nice building. Congratulations!

10. What a great score...Congrats!!! I am absolutely green with envy. I would kill for just one more bay in my garage right now... between the tools, hot rod, and motorcycle I don't have any room to work in my little 14x22 attached one car.
    Chappy

loudbang likes this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Congrats! That will be nice!

12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Fantastic, congrats, more pics, please!

13. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Congratulations. I have always wanted an old business type building. Momma on the other hand might say no way. The bars on the windows idea might give you piece of mind at night. Gary

loudbang likes this.
  14. flatford39

flatford39

Swinging steel shutters would work well also and not lose the ambience of the place in the daytime. They can be padlocked.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Do a build/renovation thread on the Garage Journal. HRP

16. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

WOW! Don't buy a lottery ticket cause you already hit the lottery. Is that building on the historical registery in your town? Man you scored a big plus. More picks?????

17. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I agree more pics or a virtual video tour. Have fun.

18. Shop getting small

loudbang likes this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ya done good - as stated, security of all types the top priority

loudbang likes this.
  20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is too cool. I'd say the first step is to replace or have the locks re-keyed to different keys. If it has matching high qualty locks it only takes a good locksmith a few minutes to do each lock.
    I'd agree on the bars for he windows or shutters that can be closed and locked. A stash of hot rod parts and tools and equipment would be too tempting for the sticky finger brigade.
    I'm getting things cleared out to build my 28 by 30 shop but old fart itus is slowing things down.

Rehpotsirhcj, loudbang and wicarnut like this.
  21. wicarnut

wicarnut

"old fart itus is slowing things down". MR48chev, Best phrase describing this aging problem I/WE are enduring I've heard, my uncle Arthritis lives with me, PIA guest, but things could be much worse, still walking, talking, "putz-in" just have allow a lot of time for any project of any type. OP, Kool building, HAMB style, Enjoy !

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  22. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Awesome,from pic it's about the size our car club had,or could be bigger then. In the 60s we all payed rent,was at that time less then 5$ each pre mouth. "Road Rebels"Miami Fla. Club was great for a doz. years+.

enloe likes this.
  23. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Yup it was an inspection place right up untill bought it. The guy took who was renting it took the sign with him. I have sn old pa insection sign i can put up in its place. But being in the center of town i already get folks stopping in to ask about getting work done...that would further invite folks to stop.

I picked up materials yesterday to make swinging shutters. I got 18 - 30 x 79 plain smooth door blanks and hinges... i should be able to make them look vintage.

I also re-keyed it right away after closing...

I dont plan on taking many tools or cool stuff over till it is a bit more secure... i just have some of my cars moved over.

loudbang and squirrel like this.
  24. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

25. raidmagic

raidmagic

Dude that's sweet. Congrats.

26. Man,you have found a dream garage. HRP

Woogeroo and Elcohaulic like this.
  27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All the wood. Cool.

28. Awesome digs! Did you wash the floor or is that condensation?

29. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

You have found MY dream garage. That place is 100% the way to go, vintage and the coolness of an old shop.

Love it and I’m subscribed.

Cliff Ramsdell

Elcohaulic likes this.