Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A picture or it didn't happen!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Funkhouser, Dec 4, 2018.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

2. Mark, there's room for at least two more on the lawn..

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. Deuces

Deuces

Hi! My name is Guido and I'm only tree and half years old... :confused: :p:rolleyes:
    Still lookin' to buy a nice ol' Chevy or a Ford... But I don't know which one to buy.... :confused::(
    They are all nice!... :)

Baumi, Okie Pete, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  5. pnevells

pnevells

Hi ,I am Paul , a life long hot rodder, getting ready to retire but having a blast racing our nostalgia altered the Hilltown Shaker, a three year build with my son , it was a great father son project, he even lets me drive now and then LOL
    old man in the shaker.jpg old man shaker2.jpg comin at you1.jpg

exterminator, Baumi, 1Nimrod and 27 others like this.
  6. Hello HAMB I’m Jim my friends call me Hobo here are my home built Hot Rods the build thread for my 37 Plymouth is in my signature line.

35A9E29C-70BF-4FAE-A721-7AAEE75A6908.png

218380B4-7A46-4B5C-8E25-A5E719F89D3B.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  7. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Hey Atch, are those my doors ??

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Hello all, In my first life my name was Hemmoroidicles Erronius, Nero's PR man. Following that I was Stanway Back, the inventor and demonstrator of the first and only short range nuclear mortar. Present day, my name is Phil and I work(37 years) at a local company testing transformers, building high tension clusters and running a warehouse. I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children. I got into owning/working on old cars fairly late in life and I had a bunch of OT Mopars. What I drive now: This is the one that gets driven the most probably because it's the most fun. Far away shot so you can't see the non traditional parts and the fake gas tank:)
    IMG_0060.JPG
    Warning.... I'll post an up close shot at the end so it can be more fodder for the "What I hate threads":)

The others: DSC00022.JPG DSCF6727[1].JPG 6-15-12 004[1].jpg IMG_2680.JPG DSC07021.JPG

9. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Ron, thanks for starting this. These are mine. One more slowly under construction.

Btw: love your panel truck!

0D44FDFF-F263-49AC-BF52-BD3A29EA2332.jpeg

exterminator, Baumi, GuyW and 19 others like this.
  10. Looks like Don standing next to your car, checking out the ladies!

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just look at my avatar.

12. That's no Lady that's my wife........sound of a drum rim shot.;) Yes that's Don and Lyle (another Hamber) next to him. I have my back to the lens, I'm very photo shy. At least till the Statute of Limitations run out.;)

13. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

100_1839.JPG I started building my roadster in 1978...boy, forty years sure has gone quick! SBC equipped with tri-power, nine inch Mustang rear axle & powerglide. The roadster has a Hamilton Engineering frame and a Cal Automotive body.

Attached Files:

14. pkhammer

pkhammer

Greg Hammer aka pkhammer, pk because I'm a preacher's kid. Like the OP I'm from the Shenandoah Valley of Va. I don't have anything interesting on the road currently. :( The '42 Ford I sold to finance my current '32 pickup project. The Falcon now has fresh wimbledon white paint and is waiting for me to finish assembly of chrome, bumpers, etc. IMG_3389.JPG IMG_6623.JPG IMG_1862.JPG IMG_2266.JPG

15. atch

atch

The doors in these pix are the originals. What doesn't show is the rust in the bottom of the doors. These doors have now had several inches of the bottom of your doors grafted on. Now my doors are rust-free. Top part my originals and bottom part your doors. B-t-w; thanx again for the doors. For those who don't know (probably all of you) Dino 64 donated his left over doors to me, FREE of charge. What a guy and most appreciated. The door tops will be offered up in the pay it forward section (also free of charge) to anyone needing them to facilitate a top chop.

16. Hi there I’m Don, life long hot rodder and known goofball ( just ask my mother). The handle is a reference to the fact I like Chrysler products(think everything pre and post ‘48, ) I got hooked ( addicted that is) when I was 10 years old, at the time my dad bought a 1934 Plymouth 2dr, he still has it. Five years later I purchased the F-100 in my avatar ( don’t get me started) , then in ‘03 I got a ‘49 Lincoln ( I know, I know not a Chrysler, ). But I can honestly say I’m happy because I get to fiddle around with hot rods and interact with like minded gentlemen like yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

belair, wicarnut, Al G and 12 others like this.
  17. How does Mark get them all in that garage....that's the secret I want to know !
    Me....always a Studebaker around....my buds just can't get me to SBC them so I run with stock stuff....one I stayed after even when the guy said it wasn't "that" year and I knew it was - even after looking at the title (a mistake at the DMV at some point )that showed a different year...it was a factory paint truck on his "back lot" of his dealership - it was a trade in. Any way it was sold....saw it back on the "back of" the lot a year or so later all in primer and...fresh with that side of town's graffiti markings....sold another truck/panel and brought that girl home post hast.....here sitting pretty with some new 225x70 x 15's in front of my dad's old place.........we are both 1956's.........another funny is most of my Stude trucks have not run a front bumper....got pulled over one time about it - even when I had the licence tag hanging from the grille DH000004.jpg

Okie Pete, wicarnut, Al G and 13 others like this.
  18. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi I’m Phil

After a summer of shop building I feel
    I can say my model a project has officially started.

10BF4C53-8A82-40C8-9A6A-E1722A127880.jpeg 096B8520-5F9B-447D-8902-D06899A97953.jpeg EE66EE37-58AE-4E08-B003-E8DF17DD7245.jpeg 8CD77B33-07AA-43F9-8425-1C763ADF75B5.jpeg

Okie Pete, wicarnut, Al G and 9 others like this.
  19. Howdy from north cackalacky. Names tony. This is my vic in its natural habitat....jack stands. Winter time will be fixing time and ready for some fair weather in spring.

Attached Files:

20. gene-koning

gene-koning

Hi. I'm Gene. I got married at 19 and am still married to the same gal. She puts up with a lot from me. She is my traveling companion, and has been from the beginning.

I'm the guy that starts with piles of junk, works really hard on them so I can drive them before they return to the junk they started out as.
    I started out in dirt track racing in the low buck class, until it got too expensive. Then I did a lot of years in performance Mopars after they got old, and before they got valuable. The Mopar blood still flows through my vanes.
    I assembled my first per-war car in the early 90s, a 35 Dodge 2 door sedan, from a pile of junk. It was a family project and we logged 66,000 miles in 7 years, it hooked us. There have been a pretty wide collection since that 35 Dodge, a 54 Dodge pickup, a 39 Plymouth business coupe, a 50 Dodge pickup on an 80 4x4 chassis, my current 48 Plymouth, and a nearing completion 39 Dodge pickup. In addition to those, my son has kept me pretty busy with "helping him" on his projects. Those included a 72 Road Runner, a 46 Plymouth club coupe, a 55 Dodge panel, a 54 Chrysler New Yorker with a 331 Hemi, and his current 57 Dodge wagon with a modern Hemi (3rd rebuild).

The 48 Plymouth coupe, 48,000 miles in the last 6 summers.

The current project, 39 Dodge pickup, as of this afternoon.

My son's wagon, 3rd rebuild. After going up to the roof under water last year.

My avatar picture is my wife and I at the top of the Rocky Mountain National Park in May 2016. This was 3 days after they opened up the passage through the mountains. Yes, we drove the car there and home without any issues. Gene

Attached Files:

1Nimrod, Okie Pete, wicarnut and 12 others like this.
  21. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

[​IMG]

Randy from Indiana. I’m a Pontiac guy and love the early super stock stuff (all makes of them). My daily is this ‘64 Pontiac GTO (actually owned by my wife) that we picked up last fall as a roller. Dropped in a 400 w a Muncie 4-speed and have been loving it the way it is. Currently building a large man-cave at home with an old style Sinclair gas station inside (another wife idea). We own 3 more Goats (OT) and I’ve been hanging around a month or so. GMC Bubba is a good friend of mine; worked together for 15 years. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

putz, Okie Pete, wicarnut and 13 others like this.
  22. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

23. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I like your Pilothouse!!! Sorry to here about the accident. Getting into a wreck can really change a persons life. Most of the time for the worse. I am glad that you are keeping on keeping on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Eh, just be like me, and buy a Dodge!!! Muhahaha...

Deuces likes this.
  25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am glad that I got to help a little on the 1939! That is coming along nicely!!!

I love your son's wagon!!!

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  26. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Wisconsin is known for it's long winters. I purchased my '29 Tudor about this time seven years ago. It took the next 6 winters to put it on the road. It shares my shop with a blown Bonneville Knucklehead ( thus the avatar name Knucklenutz. If you happen to cruise Central Wisconsin, drop by. Point beer and Cranberry juice await you in the shop fridge. P1050977.JPG

27. Todd from Yelm, Wa (not far from Olympia). Here are my cars, I'm also in the middle of another '40 p/u build, and '41 pickup build.
    IMG_1950.JPG IMG_2320.JPG IMG_3131.JPG

28. Some Cool pictures everyone! But lets see a few more, and maybe a little updated intro also.;) Thanks Ron....... 318.jpg

29. F&J

F&J

Darn cold tonight...in east central CT
    DSCN2229.JPG