Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How about a 1957-1958 Ford thread?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jan 6, 2016.

1. RmK57

RmK57

MO_JUNK and Troublemaker427 like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Well I guess it's in the wrong place..... it's at a CAR dealer waiting to be sold. :)

3. RmK57

RmK57

I guess it's the way it's photographed on the gravel lot, it looks sort of miniature.

Beautiful wagon.

loudbang likes this.
  4. RmK57 is correct. Unless it has been converted from a Custom 300, it's just a straight Custom. A pilar tag would say 70A if Custom, 70B if Custom 300. Beautiful car regardless.
    Conversions are not unheard of. Seems those that want a 300 have a Custom, and vise versa. When I started mine, my mentor's brother had a 300, wanted just the Custom trim. We almost swapped trim.

warbird1 and loudbang like this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

Here is another two from the same shop that did that black beauty. Both for sale (NOT mine :)) Guy loves those wheels LOL.

2.jpg

ranch1.JPG

6. Are those Jerry Miller cars?, doesn't seem like Minter would be into wagons, nor Miller, but he does like the wires and hockey sticks.

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

I don't remember the name but it was a Canadian shop

8. wicarnut

wicarnut

Nice to see pic's of 57/58 Fords, learned to drive in my sister's 58 4door, here in Wisconsin just do not see many 57's and rarely a 58. I believe Ford out sold Chevy both years, myself a Chevy guy as a kid but with a few Fords in the mix. I think the styling was on the mark and there many die hard Ford men, why not many survived is a mystery of our car hobby IMO.

czuch and loudbang like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi wicarnut.I think the "Rust Monster"ate`em.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

czuch, Bowtie Coupe, wicarnut and 2 others like this.
  11. earlymopar

earlymopar

gunfighter 5.jpg

This is one of my favorites from the NW early to mid 60s.

- EM

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. Yeah, but it went everywhere but straight.... LOL...

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  15. earlymopar

earlymopar

Yes, of course Gary Coe. Ha! I don't recall it getting "out of shape" but it was always wild to watch. One run @ Woodburn was especially wild. When he hit high gear, it went up on the rear wheels which is how he passed through the lights at the finish line! He and the car were real crowd pleasers.

- EM

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  16. RmK57

RmK57

Skip through to about the 7 minute mark and there are a couple passes by the Gunfighter.
    Man that thing was a handful!

17. Yep, that's the Gunfighter I remember... I don't think I ever saw him race another car, the tracks had him run solo.
    He did put on a show, and if he could get it to run straight, it'd do low 10s.

18. RmK57

RmK57

I have a picture of the Coe/ Larson/ Keyzers Pinto wagon Pro stocker taken in about 1983-84 at the Seafair nationals. Not sure if he drove or not though.

19. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I thought mine was a Custom 300 but I will admit that I am no authority on these. Mine has a small piece of ribbed chrome between the side trim and the window at the blue-white break. I haven't seen that on all of them. I am rebuilding the front suspension now and installing Aerostar springs. Mine is a dependable driver with a 351 Windsor and a c-4 and 2:75 gears. I will check my i.d. plate for the code. Texas 57, was your car parked on the street at the Hot Rod Hillclimb?

Texas57 and loudbang like this.
  20. RmK57

RmK57

MO_JUNK and loudbang like this.
  21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

22. Yep, that was me. Had a cruise planned for Oklahoma that weekend that looked like it would be rained out, so opted for a cruise to Central City where the sun was shining! Even though there were some 50's cars at the hill climb show, I didn't think it was appropriate, so opted just to be a spectator. Your the first that noticed, thanks. Actually, you're just the second ever Hamber to mention they saw my car somewhere. That was an 1100 mile weekend for me.............gotta love it!
    BTW, the Custom 300's have the side trim that go all the way to the headlights with the aluminum inserts.........similar to Fairlane 500

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    MO_JUNK and loudbang like this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I suppose that is a possibility but I do recall reading about Gary venturing back into drag racing with a late model.
    Funny story, some years back, I was only a couple blocks from home and on the overpass near me I see some people holding signs, as I get closer I realize one of them is Gary and the sign says Gary Coe for Oregon State Senate and I'm thinking he won't be getting votes from anyone who has (unwillingly) had a car towed by Speeds Towing.

24. earlymopar

earlymopar

That's funny Doug. I didn't realize there was a political side to his story.

When I saw the Mustang and went by the pit area I wasn't able to see anyone given they were in their motorhome but everything in the pit was first rate. The Mustang was really quick (it was the Cobra Jet factory race car meant to do business against the Camaro RS and Drag Pack Challenger). He can still drive too.
    - EM

loudbang likes this.
  25. loudbang

loudbang

26. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

27. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

28. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

He raced side by side with many cars, Chet McFallo's Cobra did battle with Gary in C/A.