Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical REED carburetor (racing carburetor builder)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by King ford, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

IMG_2354.JPG Greetings fellow HAMBers, at one time REED was a company that modified HOLLEY carburetors for racing. Apparently they are no longer in business as a Google search turns up nothing. Would any of you guys POSSIBLY have any info saved or know somebody familiar with their identification numerology?...if no REED info is available would any of you REALLY SHARP ENGINE TUNER guys know the approximate CFM Of a 4150 style Holley with 1.750 throttle blades and approximately 1.550 Venturi?....I know I'm hitting you guys pretty hard here but some of the greatest minds in the HOTROD/RACING world are HAMBers!

2. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like a later model 800 cfm double pumper Holley carb... Can't tell for sure without the list number off the choke horn.... Might be an 850..

3. ingram

ingram
    from Georgia

Sorry for the late response, I'm not on here as much as I use to be. I don't think that is a Reed carburetor. We did not install the replaceable air bleeds in the top. It could be a carburetor that was rebuilt by Reed. It should have "REED" on the side along with a number. These carburetors would flow around 1040cfm when they were modified.

King ford likes this.
    King ford likes this.

5. I believe Bob Blake Bought Reed's Carb business. Can't find info right now. try Google.

King ford likes this.