Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Back at it. 1953 Chrysler 2dr ht project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Ricky it is good to see you back with a project. I will be following your progress and wish you the best.

Rickybop likes this.
  2. Welcome back to it Rick!! Happy to see you with something to work on again!

Rickybop likes this.
  3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rick,

Brother I am glad that you've gotten back into the game! I am thrilled for you. It was great when you started hanging out here more frequently again and I am glad to see you re-engaging with a car.

It's too bad that the previous owner pulled the motor, but the car looks really solid and should make a nice platform for whatever you decide to do with it. I am looking forward to seeing updates from you!

God bless,

Steve

4. belair

belair

Well HOT DAMN!!! Glad as all get-out for you.

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic. So happy for you Rick that you were able to hurt your way out of that terrible hole, great to have you back. You are correct, us old farts are on borrowed time and you can't take it with you! Looking forward to more.

Rickybop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, my friends!
    I'm gonna be happy just to get started scraping and wire-wheeling on the frame...lol.

7. C:cool::cool:l news Ricky!

Rickybop likes this.
  8. dwollam

dwollam

Glad the New Yorker I pulled my 331 out of was a 4dr. sedan and not a hard top or I would of been tempted to keep it and fix it up if it looked like yours! I pulled the hemi and tranny out in one piece without removing the front end.
    What was he smokin'?
    Nice looking car!

Dave

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Looks like a good start! A quote from a friend of mine to consider: “ Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you.” Steve L.

I take that as a car can be therapy. In the process of fixing cars, we forget the troubles of the world, and solve the problems in our own world.
    Good luck with it! Bobby.

10. hallrods

hallrods

Very Happy for you Rick!! Make sure you keep us updated on your progress

Rickybop likes this.
  11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

What an absolute idiot. The '53 Chrysler 331 is not nearly as desirable as the '55-56 331/354s and '57-59 392s. Small ports, wet intake, and some were still extended bellhousing. He would have been dollars ahead to keep it all together, especially since it was still in a nice car - and a coupe!

Glad to see you posting again! Keep us informed on your progress, we want to keep you motivated. ;)

12. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Good to see another Mopar project in the works. I have a 51 Windsor Sedan in my stash. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Great to see your heart back into it! We'll all be following along.

Rickybop likes this.
  14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Sometimes the car fixes you." Hah...that's right. Thanks, BM.
    Yes...needed something for me...just to have and mess with.
    But also...I was watching you guys and getting a little restless because I didn't have a car. I wanted to contribute and share. I wanted to go outside and play with the big boys. Lol.

15. bubba55

bubba55

Brother flea you haven't looked in a mirror lately - cause yous is a big boy - now git back to playing and please no singing

Rickybop likes this.
  16. 41hemi

41hemi

Hi Ricky, it's so good to learn you got another car. And what a nice car at that! Glad the car is fixing you. I'm gonna look forward to seeing you work on the car. Congratulations!!!

Rickybop and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Nice project. I jumped into my Ford to keep my mind out of dark places in 2014, you know the story. Got it running and driving in 2016, took a minor time out for heart surgery late that year.

Rickybop and hallrods like this.
  18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks again, fellas.
    Glad you're doing better, Bob. See...everybody has a story. Having a hobby helps.
    Sharing the hobby...as we do...helps even more.
    I was thinking the other day...
    "Good thing there's some good with the bad!"
    Lol.
    Everybody have a good day. ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My friend Anna's 9yr old son, Zander saw a hot rod one day and said to his mom...
    "Mom!...that's one of those HAND-made cars!" He's a great kid...smart, inquisitive, expressive and funny like his mom. He likes "Mr. Rick" :) Anna is cool cool cool. I love them both. I rebuilt a chrome-framed chopper-style bicycle for Z. We're putting a minibike together next. Just got my '53 Chrysler a few days ago...Z hasn't seen it yet. He's coming here this evening...hee hee hee...
    I'm gonna ask him if he'll help me build it.

harpo1313, OG lil E and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hank37, bobss396, 41hemi and 5 others like this.
  21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful.

Rickybop likes this.
  23. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, BrerHair. She is. It is.
    Anna is part Lebanese. She used to be a ballerina. She's a kind and loving soul...beautiful inside and out...like Sandy. She has lupus. It doesn't get better. She has her life and I have mine. But we talk fairly often. She knows all about Sandy and loves her...has and reads one of Sandy's daily inspirational books. We're both grateful for our special friendship. We get silly and laugh a lot. Same with Zander.

41hemi, upspirate and belair like this.
  24. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Ricky.Good to see ya back with a swell project.I`ll saddle up and go along for the ride.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

25. 64-classic660

64-classic660

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, Leo...I'll slide down sometime next season with the Chrysler and we'll go cruisin' fer chicks...lol.

27. Good to hear your up beat....remember your loss a while back. That car looks like a good project - good luck !

Rickybop likes this.
  28. Perry Hvegholm

Perry Hvegholm

Motorhome 440's are turning up all over Craigslist and other for sale sites right now. Many have great (forged) bottom end but crappy (motor home) top ends. Some with even the weird high rise water pump housing and heads with coolant ports out the front of them. I have one laying on my garage floor as i write this. I love the 440 idea....it's the route i'd go. Consider a set of 440 Sources Stealth aluminum heads. Would make for an awesome street rod.

29. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Ricky.Sounds good to me.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

30. RMONTY

RMONTY

Great project, great thread, and great inspiration. We have all been in the "void" at times and getting back to doing what we enjoy is nothing short of the end of the long journey to being healed/happy/healthy. I look forward to seeing your progress. Subscribed!