Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 39 ford with F100 brakes, Hose Question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jason, Nov 29, 2018.

1. So I am rapidly approaching the point of plumbing all the lines on my 39 Ford Tudor. And that will involve hooking up all the rubber brake hoses, obviously. So here is my issue. I have all the original line tabs, brackets and fittings, I would like to use the original drivers side fittings for the front brake hose that uses the banjo fitting for the hose and then has 2 flare fittings on each side to cross over to the passengers side brake hose.

However I am installing F100 front brakes, and the wheel cylinder brake hose ports are not the same size as the 39 to 40 front brake hoses. And the factory F100 brake hoses will not fit up to the original banjo fitting on the brake line tee.....

Making this work really isn't a big issue, I can just use the F100 hoses and not use the banjo line bolt that it originally used. But I was wondering if anyone new of an off the shelf one that fit this combination. Say maybe a 2 ton truck hose or something? I have found several places that can custom make them for me, which I may do but thought I would ask here to see if anyone new of one that works. There has to have been a ton of 39/40 fords over the years with F100 brakes on them so some one may have discovered one that works. And yes I have searched here and google the ever loving shit out of this question with no real answer. If you happen to know of one let me know, it would help greatly.

below is an picture of the original brake line banjo fitting for the Driver front brake hose.

1939-1948-FORD-FRONT-BRAKE-FITTING-KIT%2091A-2075-KIT.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

I have that exact setup on my own 40 tudor, but I did the parts shopping 25 years ago and there is no memory left. I can tell you there were no custom made hoses, so there must be something out there.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  3. I know its out there, I just don't want to have to start ordering a bunch of brake hoses that look like they should work just to have to send them back.

4. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

5. Just looked that up, that might work.

6. Anyone else done this and know which hose is a direct bolt up?

7. I went ahead and ordered a pair of these for the 1/4 inch brake tubing (part number BH16179). At 10 bucks a piece on amazon if they don't work, then I have extras to put into supply for another build. I will update either way (works or doesn't) after I get them in the mail.

If anyone else has experience with this let me know what worked for you.

bct likes this.
  8. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Was Told Decades Ago That The 1952-54 Ford Passenger Car Hose Bolts Right Up..

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  9. That would be awesome, that is what the BH16179 hose is for!

10. rustythumb

rustythumb

i have done this on a couple of cars. used f-100 hoses with brass adapters from the parts store. easy and cheap! just take hose and tee fitting with you to match up.