Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects From 500 horses to 40....maybe 35

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good looking little A. I know some guys don't think a car is a hot rod with fenders but that concept is proven wrong all the time. Since the Houston area gets more annual rain than Seattle leaving the fenders on will let you have a lot more driving time give you more excuses to drive it than leaving it in the garage while taking the rig with fenders. Beats having the front tire throw mud in your lap during the next Texas Gully washer you get caught in and if you haven't been caught out in one you haven't been driving much in Texas.

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  2. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

So upon some tinkering, the tillotson model x was shot... warped beyond fixing... So had to get another one. Well That led to pulling the manifolds off, finding leaks galore... so new exhaust manifold later, gaskets, etc and now we are back on the road.... Amazing how much smoother this lil banger is after getting it a proper air fuel mixture. Thinking that a FSI Dist will be on the list soon enough or just get a model B dist... Here are some pics of getting out of the house yesterday, took it to bkfst and a lil ride around.

Once we get some stuff dialed in, then high comp. head and new exhaust time..... Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.....

29-4.jpg 29-5.jpg 29-6.jpg 29-7.jpg

swade41, loudbang, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  3. F&J

F&J

looks great with the fenders still on.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Nice car. Live with no regrets . :)

stubbsrodandcustom and loudbang like this.
  5. 3340

Looks good, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. wisdonm

wisdonm

I have had 400hp cars and 40hp cars. I've been telling people for years that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast instead of a fast car slow.

7. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Well This thread is old, the car was sold...

The guy who bought the car has passed on, I got a call last night from his family and they want to sell the car. Its been sitting outside under a tarp for quite a while at least 2 years... The last freeze scares me to think that motor is probably cracked also... Its in alot rougher shape than when I sold it for sure. May be bringing her back home again, this time with alot less guilt on pulling fenders off...

29-1.jpg 29-2.jpg

8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Dam , that car was nice, must make your stomach twist seeing that. Get her back.

9. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The red coil is rather " distinctive". Maybe you should keep it for that very reason.

10. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like The Hot Rod Gods are giving you a do-over! Two years under a tarp has wiped out 90 years of "too nice to cut up." Buy the car back and do what you wanted to do in the first place.

Dang, if you were closer I'd talk to you about those fenders and running boards--I'm building a fendered hot rod A to complement my open-wheel roadster.

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great result! Looking forward to seeing this without fenders this time round ;) :)

Stogy likes this.
  12. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I dunno, thems some purty nice fenders...

Stogy likes this.
  13. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Well a year later, I am working on getting her back. Stay tuned.