Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any information on this photo?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

2. No real help. But if I was dyno testing a blown, injected hemi SBC, I'd be more sweaty than blue shirt dude!

3. That's Bones (blue shirt) running Isky's dyno. That's about all I know beside its a hemi with an Isky/ Gilmer early blower drive. I'm having to be at work all day today but what do you want to know about it. Next time I talk to Bones I can ask him about it.

4. Thanks Gary, that's what I thought it was but I don't like to post if I'm not sure.

60srailjob and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

chevy57dude likes this.
  6. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Gary kinda answered it. Just wanted to know a little of the history behind the photo. Thank man, have a great afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Fordors

Fordors

Leo Lyons was a plumber and apparently had enough money to develop these with hopes of running them on nitro. The Isky tests were all run on alcohol and the 301 small block put out 638 HP @ 7200 RPM.
    The kit came with port injection, and I think the blower manifold was a one of a kind piece that was built for and run on the Babbitt & Lyons dragster. The March ‘66 R&C also pictures a magnesium 6-2 log manifold for street use. I have seen two different valve cover designs also, the one pictured and a flat one.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if these patterns were floating around somewhere.

8. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

9. If you do a search here there is more info available.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

Maybe O'Brien Truckers can get ahold of the patterns and make some? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.