Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 ford victoria

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by p0wdrdotcom, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Hi,

I'm new here. I've recently acquired a 56 ford victoria. I'm in the process of restoring it.
    It has been restored in the past, but poorly. Rust/rot has just been patched over with steel panels. Rockers, front and rear quarters. It looked okay from the outside but the panel fit was poor.

I'd appreciate some advice on which groups to join.

Cheers

Geoff

2018-10-12 12.20.22.jpg

Black Fifty likes this.
  2. There are many local Social Groups on here if only we had some idea of where you are.

Black Fifty likes this.
  3. Ahhh...that'll be nice. :)
    Welcome to the site. Spend some time browsing around to help figure out where to find advice here. Takes a while.
    Mike

4. Welcome to HAMB. If you plan to restore your terrific looking Vicky, I suggest you join FORDBARN.COM. On that forum there is a "Late V-8" section with lots of guys who will have all the info you will need.

I had a '56 Vicky many years ago.......312 engine......converted it to a stick.....great car.....I put over 200K miles on it before I sold it......never had the engine apart......sounded like new.......

5. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

Amazing car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Location is bay of plenty New Zealand.

I’ll probably keep the body pretty original as they are a pretty car stock. The ride height will get some attention.

It’s running a 292 y block with a Holley 4000. It’s got some smithies or cherry bombs so it sounds nice when you stand on it. Love that y block sound.

I’ve looked at Ford barn. I was looking for some people that have done metal work on these.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. There must be some confusion about the title of this page....I read it as INTRODUCE YOURSELF...

8. If you go to the members symbol and let the menu drop down there is a social forums listing. In social forums there is a 1952 to 1959 Ford group. You will find this group very helpful.

And welcome to the HAMB.

p0wdrdotcom likes this.
  9. Thanks ffr1222k. Exactly what I was after. Cheers.