Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Foiled again Scrapman!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Polecat1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Polecat1

Polecat1

So a couple of Saturdays ago I ran across a bunch of T parts a guy was going to haul for scrap. Of course after I showed interest in them he wanted 10x the scrap price. I begrudgingly paid his extortion fees and we drug everything out of the woods. By hand. At least I kept it from being turned into a Toyota (or being sharpened and thrown back at us.) Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all this shi... uh... awesome stuff.

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

awesome stuff. I say lay it all out on the ground and have a good look at it and then weld it together so it looks like the monster from "Alien" or a buffalo or something.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Atta boy...good on you...theres some great stuff in that haul. Hope you really snooped around and got it all...what was hiding in the barns?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Ain't it funny how someones' junk always seems to turn into gold once you tell them you would like to have it when only moments before they were going to throw it away.

5. Polecat1

Polecat1

I got everything but an old boat. I really wanted the steering wheel off that thing but didn't have a way to get it off.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez those are kinda common on Ole Hotrods it might be worth a trip back and what about the boat dash pod...it might be special too.

chryslerfan55 and Polecat1 like this.
  7. Didja get the screwdriver stuck through the wheel in the pic with the green bucket?

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Polecat1 here's one more thing to ask the seller and it's seriously worth it is might they have the old ownership lying around and give them your number just in case. A bill of sale even if it's just 100 bucks helps cover your ass if any questions might be asked in the future. This is mainly body and frame related of course.

Polecat1 likes this.
  9. dan31

dan31

Some of those old boat steering wheels were pretty dang cool.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I'd say that was a good score not too pitted or rusty...I see at least one near to running T w front fenders and firewall and possibly two more rolling T chassis plus various crossmembers and springs for future endeavours pretty sweet if it didn't cost ya an arm and a leg

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. If you got a turtle deck, shoot me a PM. Good score.

12. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

A battery operated sawzall is your best friend for boat steering wheels.
    Cut around the whole steering sector (dash included) and cut the cables. Dissect it at home.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.