Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member Intro: Kustom Kar Krazy...upstate NY.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NYphantom, Nov 23, 2018.

1. NYphantom

NYphantom

My Name is Josh Gypson. I am 39 years old.

I have been into Vintage Cars my entire life. Vintage Cars, Machining, and my kids are my life!
    My Grandfathers was into 1930’s sprint cars, midget racers, classic American cars and British cars.

My father was into the same as his father but includes Vintage Stock cars, Kustoms, hot rods and specifically Austin Healey’s, trucks, model cars, anything automotive related, etc.

I have been a lurker for about 7 years and it’s about time I join! The real push to join is that I need to sell a bunch of parts that I have acquired and most of them being HAMB’er type parts I decided to try here first. I know newbie’s here sometime have a hard time selling items but you will see that I am legit.

Early traditional Kustom cars are my life! My current victims includes: 1940 - 5 window Zephyr, 1941 – 5 window Zephyr, 1956 Lincoln 4dr & a 1954 Mercury 2 dr Hard top. All need a ton of work but I will be introducing them to the HAMB as I have time. I look forward to others input on my builds!

I have certainly learned a lot from here and am looking forward to finally being a contributor. In fact, the HAMB is by far my favorite cite on the web! I am really looking forward to sharing my projects and getting peoples input. And don’t worry…NO RAT RODS...NO BILLET...NO BS CARS!!!

My screen name comes from the Kustom Car Club the “Phantoms” that started in Albany, NY around 1991. Most of the members were from Albany Rods and Kustoms (ARK) that started the now famous Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY. My father (Ken Gypson), myself, and a few others have recently restarted the Phantom Car Club. I plan on posting the old news letters from the Phantoms on the separate thread.

I will be figuring out posting pictures over the next couple days to show a few projects.

~Josh Gypson

2. NYphantom

NYphantom

My dad's 51 Merc. First car I learned to do 3898.jpg brakes on, first car I ever drove. More pics to follow.

3. Welcome, Josh. Great intro! I think you will fit right in here. Look forward to seeing more pics from you. Love the history that you have been brought up in. Enjoy your HAMBtime.........Don.:)

Black Fifty likes this.
  4. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

Welcome and have fun. Great place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Black Fifty likes this.

5. About time you signed up Josh!
    Josh has done some very good machine work for me and my current project.

How about a build thread on that Merc/Lincoln roof swap.

Black Fifty and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. leadfoot1000

leadfoot1000

Hey Josh, sounds like you have some really cool projects. I like the satin black finish on your dad’s Merc. I want to paint my next car like that, what did you guys use?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Black Fifty likes this.