Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Altered gets caged

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Special Ed GT, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

I've been really busy over the past few weeks with starting the shop and all, but a friend from school has been able to help me get some stuff done on the Altered on the past coupla weekends. We reconfigured the steering mounts and started the cage by taking measurements and plugging them into my bending software, then making the bends and using the notcher. Here are the results. It's all chrom-moly, mostly 1 1/2" and based on the NHRA rules for altereds. We still have some k-braces to do, but it's mostly all tacked with some welds done, and some welds yet to do over! TIG of course.

It'll be done this weekend and then I'll finally turn my focus back to the motor...hope to be ready by Memorial Day...we'll see...

Hank

Attached Files:

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wow, looking good! Hope to see it at the HAMB drags this year.

3. bob hindman

bob hindman

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It looks like it is moving while sitting still.

5. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Nice! Gotta love a Bantam with the crank centerline up there where it belongs.

6. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I love altereds,and yours is lookin good.:)

7. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

Thx gang; you might see it before then but you'll definitely see it at the HAMB Drags.

Hank

8. woodman

woodman

Hank: Will you make it for Memorial Day? Thats like four days away, I am sure you are aware. I am thrashing to get mine done for, at the very least July. Money sometimes becomes a road block for me. But this year it is a trailer. I am building one. Good luck! Woody

p.s. I found a few runs in the clear coat, I may not get them out before I race. Life is good!

Attached Files:

• Dt.jpg
      Dt.jpg
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
  9. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Hey man Glad things are going well for you
    the car is looking killer

Hope you are keeping busy

talk to you soon

aaron von minden

10. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

Thx guys, unfortuantely I won't be able to make the Memorial Day gig. The mandrel bender was just delivered and we're moving into a bigger shop; I have had no time to do anything else! I'm now aiming for the Hot Rod Happening at Bandimere in July but It'll be at Mo-Kan no matter what.

Woody, that looks crazy; hopefully we'll be able to run 'em sometime. Aaron, things are going well; busy working on other peoples' stuff but that's what it's all about.

Hank

11. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Wow that looks real nice, What kind a engine is that I cant blow up the pics. I see your signature and am hoping it's a cammer.
    FED

12. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

FEDSLED, thx man, it's a cammer allright but a modern one. 331 ci, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, and I have a 6-71 to put on top of it.

Hank