Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Getting Antsy... Who likes family time but can't wait to get back in the garage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

If you guys are like me, you enjoy family time around the holidays, but get antsy easily with nothing to work on and just sitting around for the next meal.
    I keep thinking about the customer's '47 Ford that's getting a '49 Plymouth grille and my '57 F100 project and how I want to get the dropped axle and monoleaf front springs installed, and I need to get my new column in the '40....

I know I'm blessed to have family, but I've got stuff to do! Does anyone else get antsy? IMG_20181116_161937_786.jpg IMG_20181020_210829_297.jpg

2. Yep. Itching to get the 'ol wood stove fired up and work on something.

3. I hear ya. Especially if we're interstate visiting in-laws for more than 24 hours.

rockable and Pinstriper40 like this.
  4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

What is on your to-do list?

Yup, that's my deal this weekend!

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes , count me in that group . My inlaws talk about sports and their issues . I have no interest in sports or their self inflicted problems . I'm ready to get back in the shed , sit and stare at projects .

6. Going to try my hand at restoring/repairing some plastic armrests for the rear seat area. New ones aren't made, so 60 year old brittle pieces are getting freshened up.

7. flatford39

flatford39

That Plymouth grille actually looks like it belongs there in that Ford. Not sure I ever saw that done before. Nice thinking out of the box if it was your idea.

8. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I'm chomping at the bit to get back in my shop. I love family too but the weather here is perfect for being out in shop.

Okie Pete and Pinstriper40 like this.
  9. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea me too. I really needed to be in the shop today fabricating motor mounts for the 53 Ford I am doing an engine swap on. Killed me not to be able to get out there today for even just a couple of hours. The family thing got in the way though. Guess I shouldn't complain as I am lucky to have the family I do, but damn I would like to get back at it.

10. Yep... my parents are in from out of state since Tuesday... couldn't take any more eating and drinking... had to get out in the garage and do something. The wife and parents are in watching g some Christmas movie and I am working on my trim straightening skills
    Chappy

11. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

yep same here! goina set the alarm and get out there tomorrow morning and start phase 2 of my 53 chev!!!

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Nice! Get to it!

Customer's idea, i like it! Thank you!
    I hear ya!

Hopefully tomorrow... 302 going in?
    I like straightening stainless! Very satisfying!

What's phase 2?

pbr40 and chevy57dude like this.
  13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I had a plan, sort of. Ate so much I passed out. Woke up after the festivities and went out to the garage.

14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have the same deal, I could give a shit less about sports, especially football. All my wife's family are anal about it and always talk that stuff to me, knowing I don't know or care any thing about it. I told my brother-in-law if it don't have tits or wheels I am not interested in it. I usually just pick up a hot rod magazine or build Legos with the grandkids when the sports stuff gets too heavy. I went on a 3 hour beer run one time after Thanksgiving dinner and pissed my wife off pretty bad, I still hear about that one! I told her she was just mad cause I left her stuck with her boring assed relatives:(

j hansen, clunker, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  15. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

Ditched everyone to work on finishing this.... 20181023_110656.jpg So I can start this...... Screenshot_20180525-120604.png

clunker, blowby, Okie Pete and 4 others like this.
  16. williebill

williebill

Doesn't take much to totally change your perspective....
    No, this ain't facebook shit, but my Thanksgiving was breakfast at Waffle House that the 2 guys who work for me insisted on doing. My daughter is 25 miles away, and my ex is now living with her. My son is 100 miles away with his 3 week old baby, and his inlaws. My sister is 9 hours away, and my girlfriend of 6 years walked away 6 weeks ago, couldn't handle my ( successful ) cancer fight this year. I didn't speak to a soul after 11 AM yesterday.
    I'd love to have a houseful of yapping relatives.
    I'll be damn sorry I post this, but you gotta admit, this isn't exactly HAMB stuff.

clunker and Okie Pete like this.
  17. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I live alone and don't make it to family events every holiday, so i can understand to an extent. Like I said, I understand we must be grateful, and I'm happy to see my nephews, but i can't help being a bit antsy to get back in the shop!

Okie Pete likes this.
  18. Latigo

Latigo

Never could sit around and make small talk for very long. Life's too short.

19. 37dodge

37dodge

20. F&J

F&J

^^^^ LMAO here.."a modern day Normal Rockwell scene"...:eek::D

Seriously, I abruptly stopped doing the family thing early last year and have no regrets. Now, I get invited to many other friends places....I choose being with nice genuine friends on a holiday, people that appreciate your presence, and you appreciate theirs. These are now my new, and rapidly growing, families. The way it should be IMO. You can certainly attract "replacements" for your brand-new lease on life....if you give off positive vibrations of desiring new nice people in your new life. It's called :" Law of Attraction". It works.

j hansen, Okie Pete and Pinstriper40 like this.
  21. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Any ex-wives out there that want to chime in?

22. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Yes, I’m in the same boat with the added load of crunch time for the end of year production to get engines and turbines out the door and to the customers so it’s 55/60 hrs a week at work PLUS the family obligations.

I have all new glass for my Model A cut and sitting on the shelf, working on the top and with the car back on the road this fall it’s mostly good to go but needs sorting out and finishing.

Cliff Ramsdell

23. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Tried to work in the garage the other day and it was just too damn cold. I'll try do do some smaller jobs like rebuilding my steering column, just to keep busy in my basement. I don't want to wish my life away at 72, but I for one can't wait until April.

Okie Pete, Pinstriper40 and mad mikey like this.
  24. Sunday will be my shop day. :) I need to be with the coupe before it is back to the grind on monday.

25. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

Thank you. I have a 94 too that is my daily rider. Ultra addicting like cars, or worse!

26. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I can relate to the sports thing, never much cared for watching a bunch of over paid cry babies and now to see them taking a knee, I refuse to watch them. Then you got the inlaws, one leaves and everybody talks about him or her, makes me wonder what they say about me when I leave. Just as soon stay in the garage or just spend time with my wife.

chevy57dude, blowby, F&J and 2 others like this.
  27. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I must not be much fun, my kids/grandkids got here at 11:30, we ate at noon, the guys helped me install an oversized piece of art my wife/stepson had fabricated, took the grandkids on a tractor ride and by 4 PM they were all gone, a couple of the kids cried that they didn't want to leave. I must lead a charmed life:)

28. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

New paint with a 327 and five speed! Maybe a New tube grille

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  29. brianf31

brianf31

Since I couldn't get out in the shop and everyone was over at my house, I took 'em for rides. Thanksgiving Ride.jpg

Hombre, Pinstriper40 and j hansen like this.
  30. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I do!!!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app