Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keep It Clean Wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robertsregal, Jan 19, 2011.

1. robertsregal

robertsregal

Has anyone else done business with this company? I have had a wire harness on back order for going on 2 months,been told it was in and shipping twice they have been paid for two months. I'm thinking I've been screwed?:eek:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are part of Hoffman Group and their customer service reputation isn't even close to stellar.
    I thought I had one of their units bought off Ebay but after getting the instructions emailed to me this afternoon I don't believe it is. What I got is pretty decent and has good instructions but I discovered that it is More than a bit short on wire length or at least that is what the first paragraph of the instruction sheet says.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

sounds like it, shoulda contacted rebel wire, I ordered a kit from them and they didnt have it in stock,,,, lo and behold,,, 1 week later it magically appeared on my doorstep.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

I haven't but they seem to have gotten my email and keep sending me emails for different parts, and I keep unscribing ("Sucessfully") and they keep sending them!

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

should have delt with Rebel Wire an Alliance member here..Glenn is a stand up guy and gives Alliance discounts..I bought 2 14 circuit systems off him, and it was the worst weather they had had all year so far, and UPS wasnt even shipping , i still got mine in 4 days from order...Dam Nice Guy and Dam Nice Harness, at a budget friendly cost too

mikhett likes this.
  6. MP4/8

MP4/8

I dealt with them before. And never again. I talked to a sales person at sema and explained what I was looking for in a wiring kit (very simple kit for T buckets), and he said they have just what I needed. When I got back I called and ordered. What they sent me was a 8 circuit add on kit. Not exactly what I wanted. When I tried to return it, I got the run around... spending 40 minutes on the phone trying to get it returned. I think they only agreed to the return after I told the third person I spoke with I would just call the credit card company and file a dispute. They are a division of the hoffman group, along with autoloc, zirgo fans, helix suspension, and many others. All places I will never buy from. I too vote for rebel wire !

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I never do business with The Hoffman Group.
    Amen on the Rebel Wire, get with Glenn. Hell, I even keep his # on my cel.

8. robertsregal

robertsregal

They offer alliance discounts also so I thought I would be safe,it was a holiday sale saving 20%. I got the door looms and firewallport right away and was told the harness would arrive mid January. Now its mid January and I get many mixed answers

9. R,

Send Ryan a PM. He keeps the Alliance vendors in check.

10. Diggerdug

Diggerdug
    from Pa

I bought a 53 Merc hdtp with keep it clean wire harness installed already.
    Slight battery drain 12 v. I stated testing fuse panel as it turns out all fuses
    that should stay hot ,Headlights fan taillights etc.,
    are only active with key on ( ignition switch by keep it clean also)
    and ign. keyed fuses are hot all the time.
    I hope it is not backwards in fuse panel assembly?
    Has any one ever dealt with this problem before or this company?
    Wires are marked correctly to locations . Just started with problem yesterday.
    I have used ez wire very poor product and
    Ron Francis vg painless easiest quality pays

Boneyard51 likes this.
  11. oj

oj

You've been 'Hoffmanized', a condition first detected on the Hamb and while preventable, there is no known cure once contracted. It could be worse, they might have sent you everything and you went thru the work of actually installing it only to have repeating failures at all the wrong times next summer.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. It sounds to me like who ever wired it has the ignition switch wired incorrectly, but I am not a professional wiring guy so maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

13. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Something is amiss! If the ignition is hot all the time you would have a drain, but you also would not be able to turn your car off. Check the back of the ignition switch and trace from there.

Bones

14. This thread is 7 years old and the guy that started the thread (robertsregal) hasn't been logged in since 2015. HRP

6inarow likes this.
  15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this is an old thread but still relevant to keep folk aware.
    NEVER EVER again will I use Keep It Clean wiring .
    I have wired a few cars . Got this kit and began the task ,but my brain got addled. So I called my wife out for help ,I said nothing but let her read the instructions and read the wires and she came to the same conclusion.
    It was PURE JUNK The wires were labeled wrong and instructions coded wrong , we were never going to sort it with wrongly labeled wires or wrong instructions.

16. AZbent

AZbent

What happens down the road when you have a problem. You troubleshoot wire incorrectly labeled wires, you wil be stuck on the side of the road (
    Ly

17. AZbent

AZbent

Sorry about that, using a tablet from work.
    If you are stuck in the garage or on the road, youcould be there a long time. Here at work, we rarely have to deal wires that are labeled wrong or no label.

18. Diggerdug

Diggerdug
    from Pa

Just found the freekin ! De-hoffmanized
    Off the fuse panel 1 heavy Batt.red and 1 ACC. brown into factory plastic connectors .
    Connectors could only clip together one way enter big smile
    red went to brown and visa versa in the the plastic clip which was wired backwards .
    Just Reversed the clips out of plastic connector Red to red etc...works like it should. keyed and hot are almost normal .
    Now I have to figure what the ol boy did to use a couple of circuits incorrectly.
    wires all hanging down under dash like spaghetti . Stiff neck job.
    Light at end of tunnel?
    or approaching train?
    Chick

19. Hoffman. All you need to know.
    Electrical fires. Mmm...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  20. Yes, but now there is a new question afoot by Douglas.

21. For those who came late, it serves a good purpose to highlight the problems of spending good money on Hoffman Group brands, such as Keep it Clean Wiring

22. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

The more you know the better.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  23. town sedan

town sedan

Yes it is, but the Hoffman Group goes on and on.
    -Dave

24. Ya know, the original poster may still be trying to figure out the Keep it Clean wiring.

samurai mike and 6inarow like this.
  25. Diggerdug

Diggerdug
    from Pa

Just joined but have depended on HAMB for years worth of help
    with Ideas, opinions, and sometimes answers. thanks Think'n caps

It's the hi-way or the hard way.
    Last time I inherited Hoffman
    next time never Hoffman

26. I used a Kwik Wire in my Ford and it was excellent, Rebel Wire is an Alliance vendor here and quite helpful too. Either one is a good choice for a harness kit.

27. Up to this time I've always modified the OEM harnesses to what the build requires or made my own like when I wired a couple of friend's cars. I was a lot younger then and had a lot more patience at that time. I bought a Rebel Wire kit and while the build is on hiatus until warmer weather it looks good. And as a plus when I called into order it they sent the correct turn signal harness connector for my Ididit column.

bobss396 likes this.
  28. Kwik Wire did a couple of extra touches on my harness since I needed a GM harness with a Ford steering column set of connectors. Very accommodating people to deal with and great instructions. I'm sorry to say that Rebel's instructions are not nearly as good and I would have been lost a few times.