Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another "What would you offer" thread.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BamaMav, Nov 17, 2018.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

That car doesn't appear hateful. Most certainly a good solid start. It would all depend on the parts cars IMO. If they were as solid, just not running, they could bring you a good portion of that money back if you get them running.

4 Doors are more desirable than they once were. Prices may be down but people still are not giving tri-5's away.

I'd offer $6000 and go from there. If it's something you really want, the three combined aren't going to hurt you if you agree somewhere between the two numbers.

2. Now that actually looks a lot better than your description to me. Looks like a good solid car so I revise my estimate up if the floors are in decent shape. I still think 8K is too high but I would be thinking around 5 or 6 if I was in the market. I also think those fender skirts make a 56 look butt ugly though. Check for rust in the headlight brow, 56s are prone to rust there.

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That's the one thing I worry about with all that primer on there, did they fix anything, or cover it up. With the TN tag on it, I'm thinking the guy bought it to flip.

On second look, I too think it's in better shape than I thought at first. Wife likes it, it'll be her car anyway. Lots of work and money needed to get it to presentable shape, but I'm thinking a good investment. Just depends if I can strike a deal with the owner.

4. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

four to six grand depending on the motor
    If he gets pissy about a lowball offer walk away, dealing with guys like that sucks.

5. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

If it runs,drives,stops and the floor braces aren't rotted, give him the $8500.00

31hotrodguy likes this.
  6. pkhammer

pkhammer

I'd be looking real close at what all that primer is hiding. It looks like a nice straight solid car but I'd be willing to bet a fridge magnet wouldn't stick to half of the body. Cars in primer scare me. Look for filler in all the usual places, lower quarters, rockers, headlight eyebrows, etc.

7. Skirts on a 210, ugh.
    All the chrome is there and in strong driver condition.
    New tail lights
    Stainless all present and straight
    Good glass! It cost more than 2k to put all new glass in mine. This is important.
    Dash looks good, Bel Air crest on the wheel.
    Seats unknown
    So the unknown is the recently primered body.
    It really comes down to the floor braces, pans & rockers and the fender eyebrows.
    SBCs grow on trees, but running and driving is a plus.
    If it isn't a bondo buggy, I say 5K

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Just a follow up.....Never did get ahold of the seller. Went by where the car was parked tonight and it's gone, don't know if it sold or not. Wasn't meant to be I guess.