Register now to get rid of these ads!

AC/DC makes me build cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, May 24, 2006.

1. psyched0ut

psyched0ut
    from Sweden

2. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Bang Tango.... DAMN! I thought I was the last dude who knew who they were!! I got me a 300 disc changer too dude. It's loaded down with Roxx Gang, The Four Horsemen, Every Mother's Nightmare, Shotgun Messiah, Rhino Bucket.... Dangerous Toys (every album BTW)

As Far as actually BUILDING, Alice in Chains is the best for me to build to. AC/DC is so damn repetetive, maybe if I had like an assembly line thing going....

Gotta TIG weld to TOOL or Led Zepplin II

3. born2late

born2late

I was impressed with the SALTY DOG reference. You want obscure hair metal try Pretty Maids or Sleeze Beez. Old Cult gets me movin also. How about slowing down to some Kingdom Come? Plowboy...how bout them apples???

4. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Dude I got a Sweaty Nipples CD back in the day. Man did they suck... maybe the name shoulda told me that though.

Can't dig on the Kingdom Come. I have that CD but it's not worthy of the changer. Good windshield scraper though.

5. It's all About the PUNKFUCKINGROCK!! (see signature) some metal and some Cash thrown in there.

6. I just crank up 101.1 WRIF out of Detroit, grab lots of pepsi and manage to get a lot of stuff done and forget about the daily shit in life. SRV definitely rules , but , not for banging out hot rods. Seen him 6 months before his death and was blown away by his incredible sound and love of music

7. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

Captain Beefheart.............Trout Mask Replica....and a whole lot of MJ...

8. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

Or maybe some Accept. I am productive to Motorhead as well...

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Amen to that brother!!! And like a post further up mentions it has to be loud enough to hear over the grinder. I still miss Bon and I am over 40 now...even got a tattoo of him done about 12 yrs ago. Turn up Let There Be Rock and grind away.

Koolkemp

10. I know it's kinda popular to like different kinds of music on this board... but it seems like everyone is so different, they're all the same. Naming bands nobody has ever heard of...

I'll take AC/DC and Van Halen with David Lee Roth over ANY kind of music ANY day of the week.

For those willing to rock, I salute you.

Sam.

11. striper

striper

Now, daddy ran whiskey in a big block Dodge, bought it at an auction at the mason's lodge.....Steve Earl

12. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha...AC/DC is tune-up music!!! This one older dude I hung around with a bit in high school used to bring his cars over for me to do plugs, wires, points, and the essential carb and timing adjustments on for him. He'd always have a cooler filled with beer in his back seat and I'd drag the big stereo speakers out onto the porch and play AC/DC's "Back In Black" album at a nice, respectable level while he drank his beer and watched me work. Then we'd go for a ride and I'd drink ONE beer as we crusied around town evaluating my work! (I was only 15 and didn't drink much then!)

Good times...still think of Jerry and his assorted Pontiacs and Buicks everytime I hear AC/DC!

13. haring

haring

I can identify any NPR radio personality or correspondent by the first two words they say.

Oh yeah.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well its good to see an Aussy band so popular. Fuck were good over here.
    Doc.

15. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep, I have Sleeze Beez and I don't really like Pretty Maids all that much. Kingdom Come sucks. They are like Dokken light, if that is at all possible. Everyone knows that Dokken is the band that signifies mediocrity. Ha Ha Ha

As for Every Mother's nightmare and The Fout Hoursemen, they rule. If you like them of course you have to have a little Junkyard in your stable. How about a little Cats in Boots as well. Roxx Gang is awesome any time any place. How about a little Rock City Angels, Alleycat Scratch, Mad Margritt, Sister Whiskey, London Quireboys, Spread Eagle, or Slammin' Gladys?

I will tell everyone on here to get of a hold of the song "Hot Rod" by Junkyard. If you don't like that song you are a homo. Ha Ha Ha

16. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

ALmost anything Metal, Metallica, Mudvayne, Korn, i like Shinedown, Sevendust, i am a serious Metal head.

17. Linkin Park gets my tools dancin!!!

18. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Junkyard is probably one of the most often played CD's I got man. They're bad as hell. Drinkin' my Blooze again!!! I lost my 6's, 7's & 9's CD. It's been a bastard to find too.

I was "Sleepin' my Day Away" the other night on some D.A.D. Awesome tune... A bad breath kiss to my pillow pet.... bahahaha

19. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Aussie's have some kick ass bands. a new one to check out is "wolfmother" especially if you dig black sabbath.

20. DD

DD
    from illinois

Hey Fat Hack, do you remember, there was always one guy who had big home speakers hooked up to his car radio, and when evryone was at the fav drinking spot, he would set them on roof of his car and crank ac/dc.

21. For some reason I have really gotten into the power voice chicks lately, Joan Jett, Bonnie Tyler, Janis and the like. Any chick who sounds like she gargled with blasting sand before she started recording is cool to me.

22. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Devil Doll does it for me...sounds about the way she looks...

Attached Files:

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

I usually depend on ambition and $$$$.....

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

TOOL, DISTURBED and U2 with a touch of KORN for a snack makes me GRIND.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three of the best dude, I gotta go sit down when Bonnie sings Betty Davis Eyes, what a voice............
    And any time Janis sings, oh yeah!! Even know she only ever recorded 3 albums under her name and one as Big Brother & the Holding Co. I must have 30 different recordings of her, some so rare, even one from a high school gig she played at Threadgills in Austin with the Hootenannies Circa 62' and an ultra rare Janis promo 45 pressed before she joined Big Brother, only 4 were made.
    Doc.

26. Gunny

Gunny

f 'in A..heavy metal makes me wanna air out the the gear box to the rev limiter every time..gotta love it..same in the garage for motovation..poor trans (its gonna explode one of these days i just know it) :D

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Social D, Clutch, Tiger Army, Rev Horton Heat, SRV, Bullets and Octane, Pantera, Slayer...all great stuff to get pumped up.

But when I'm working out there late at night, it's nothing but straight doo wop and vocal group harmony. With the Classics, Velours, Five Discs and the Jesters playing on the stereo, man, it feels like 1959

28. NoSurf

NoSurf

The Crystal Method, Chemical brothers.

29. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha...yeah, I remember that guy!!!:D

It was ME...in this wondiferous old Malibu...complete with home stereo speakers taking up most of the spacious back seat area!:eek:

(But I'd be just as likely to blast The Go-Gos, Styx, Poison, or Barry Manilow from my mobile impromptu DJ booth as AC/DC on any given day!)

...but AC/DC's "Who Made Who?" album DID get LOTS of plays!!!!

:cool:

Attached Files:

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fat Hack, that thing is UGLY! Hope it at least ran hard??
    Reminds me of some of my old cars, they looked as bad as they went.
    Doc.