Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Truck into a coupe- My next pet project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Dec 9, 2013.

1. think: gold fish-fish bowl..........................car shit grows to the size of the garage........

2. Larry I'd rather have myself a nice 4 car garage and just show up at some one else's place and leave. Instead everyone shows up at my place and expects me to solve their problems

3. I know,,I know,,I know
    Crazy day 8 guys today running 2 pickups a 10 foot dump trailer and a 6x16 box trailer plus a f550 stake body and a f550 dump truck, 1 skid steer and a forklift and a pallet jack. My one buddy stopped over at exactly the right time and I hooked a car trailer to his truck and he pulled Elvis over for me.
    I Didn't get to sit down once unless I was driving or on a machine and that don't count.

brEad and loudbang like this.
  4. That MFer looked damn good going down the road even on a trailer...
    everyone was on my ass to get it finished

5. when i moved, my buddies brought over 20 yard containers with their roll offs. no lifting. they dropped them off and i unloaded and put stuff away.........space went away quickly.

loudbang and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  6. Neat idea!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Actually, the moving all the stuff is the easy part. It'll be the unpacking/reorganizing part that will drive you crazy. It will probably be months before you know where everything is....

8. trey32

trey32

How much shit did you find that you have been looking for??!!!

OahuEli, loudbang and brEad like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

AH man you mean we got an even longer wait to see this thing in raspberry paint. :rolleyes:

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. So far I've just found 1 piece of rubber weather strip trim. Man last month we looked and looked for hours for that damn thing. I needed to deliver the Rig we were working on so I broke down and bought the part from the dealer. Couple days ago it showed up.

Now the other end is this ,,,,
    WHY in the hell would you guys pack my duct tape!!! Where the hell are the garbage bags??? Who packed and sent the M Fing drill press chuck key??? What do you mean both screw Guns are at the new place???

I'm sure I'll need diapers before we get it all sorted and put away. Last count was 80 plus pallets plus the crap that wouldn't/couldn't, didn't go on pallets.
    22 pallets is a 53' semi trailer. We gotta be at 5 by now.

Well the move has kindled new fire for the project. Starting 01-01-19 Friday's at 12:00 noon thru the weekend till Monday at 12:00 noon has been dedicated to Elvis from now until it's finished. And it's going back to pet project status,,, that means a lot around here towards getting it done.
    I'll shoot rasberry tone undercoat sealer just for you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  11. My right hand guy is incredible at knowing where stuff is. He's tidy, I'm organized,, I'm not tidy - he's not organized. I will leave shelve space empty because this or that project needs 5 boxes not 8.... and this entire shelf is for that particular project only.
    It's the stuff he puts in those 3 empty spots that drive us both insane. Lol

loudbang and brEad like this.
  12. Roothawg

Roothawg

You must be single....

loudbang likes this.
  13. No,
    but I have the best wife a guy like me could ever have.

Go back to the first page, around post #11 I think

14. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

My wife is like yours. She told me to build my garage in 1991 so I could build my half ton. Now she is helping me find parts for an A model build.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

32SEDAN, OahuEli, brEad and 2 others like this.
  15. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

do you need full doors or just lower skins? I hammered out a skin this week from the beltline down.... skin.jpg

16. Damn dude !!!

kidcampbell71, loudbang and brEad like this.
  17. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. Hell no!
    Built my office/restroom/broom closet thingy- 11x30 with a heavy 14x30 storage loft.
    Momma asked me what the hell am I using for a broom ?!? lol.
    Then we got 22 more pallets unloaded yesterday and today and finished off the day with setting the engine back into my Vicky. It was kind of cool
    Still a ways to go yet and it's been non stop.
    I'm going to sneek this in before its OFF TOPIC again
    image.jpeg

19. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

31vicky I have been following your progress on this build since the beginning and even searched the H.A.M.B. And I can't seem to find one pic other than your avatar of your Vicky and I would like to see one if you wouldn't mind your work is top notch keep up the good work now back to the show

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. VANDENPLAS, Stogy, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  21. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

loudbang and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  22. trollst

trollst

Hey Vick, the stock door latches really aren't a problem, provided you have a stiff platform and no body flex. My 36 has been on the road 20 years, never has a door come open, and my old girl sees the miles, but I keep everything in tip top shape, a little lube on all the mechanisms, especially the latch. I don't think a lock pin is necessary, now that you finally got doors, GET THAT THING ON THE ROAD, even if it is in primer. That car has the coolest side profile I've ever seen and you should enjoy it before you croak. It's been on the shelf too long. LeRoy. DSC05379.JPG

23. I just had my wife read your post-
    She said
    "YEAH!!! What he said"

oliver westlund and loudbang like this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

You are talking about the Vicky, right?

Bob

31Vicky with a hemi and loudbang like this.
  25. indyjps

indyjps

10 years ago My father in law volunteered to pack the garage and not the house. I was moving furniture. When I arrived at my new destination I had 15 or so boxes with list of contents, another pile of boxes all labeled "garage shit".
    I saved a few of those boxes, everytime I took him something for the next few years. It went into a "garage shit" box.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  26. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

brEad, Tim_with_a_T, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  27. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Now that's something new (to me anyway) w using something old. I've never seen that combination done that way but it works.

loudbang likes this.
  28. @31Vicky with a hemi, any progress on this one or is it on the shelf til your enthusiasm for it recharges?

29. After completely ignoring my car for a year except for moving it to the new shop, then shoving into the next building so it could rust to shit.
    I finally got it where I can work on it and probably have a little time to put on it.
    Trying to figure out the easiest quikest way to get it clean now.
    F41F9972-02F9-4DDB-AA04-2863AD59DAB4.jpeg 7FD4C877-CAF6-41B7-8B8C-FE75E7504ECC.jpeg E632C326-92EB-41CD-8A49-3C86A7183184.jpeg

Looks like a quick pass with 8” 36 grit disk then an acid wash then a good buff with a fiber wheel.
    I’ll be sending the frame out for a sandblast and then the body for a blast of all the hard to sand areas and the inside.