Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What Do You Think Of This Picture?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Yeah well, what about it? We know what it is and who built it and it's dusty. What kind of answer are you looking for? Something metaphysical or a professional photography analysis?

Tim and thirtytwo like this.
  2. belair

belair

flatheads will never catch on.

Jet96 likes this.
  3. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Now theirs two of us (ricksgarage & myself) that's noticed the exhaust pipe problem, I think the pipes are the result of a bad photoshopping job. The question is why? Is the rest of the car photoshoped to make it something it's not!!!Ralphie

Stogy likes this.
  4. A Boner

A Boner

Your post somehow lost the complete quote.....the humorous part, "the cobwebs seem to be pulling me into the photo". It was a response to Latigo's photo analysts in a previous post.

5. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I dont see what your talking about, please explain

6. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Look at pictures in post #1 and 55. Where is the front pipe going?

7. A Boner

A Boner

To the block would be my guess.

Stogy likes this.
  8. clem

clem

I think that it is just the camera angle.

Stogy and K13 like this.
  9. Yup.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I certainly agree that it does look odd...but will chalk it up to illusion of camera. So @a boner what about the webs draws you're interest...and your thoughts on seeing this popular well thought out Traditional Hotrod in this state amongst other rarities?

11. I live on a dirt road. The cars in my garage and shop get dusty like that after about a month.

Stogy likes this.
  12. My car was built over 25 years ago, and it still looks new. It gets dusty too. I do keep it covered, but the dust finds it's way in, spiders too. 20160827_154355.jpg 17987_785661701548039_5471836990294192356_n.jpg

13. A Boner

A Boner

Stogy, at first glance the webs looked like a cracked lacquer job, until I noticed that it went past the body!
    If I would have been lucky enough to buy this iconic roadster, it would have seen a little more love.....but, que sera sera.

Stogy likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She's a little dusty but it's easy to imagine this in private collections stored in numerous indoor environments. Many collections are quite large and it's also probable for some to become less driven due too multiple choices.

I'm not a big polish and shiner myself but when I do clean up the Ole Hotrod it does look spiffy...eer but still just a driver...The 8 legged suckers you have down there can be worrisome though.

I'm one of those oddballs who love the unearthed time capsule sitting as found money shot.

There was one I posted in the Homogenized thread a month or so ago that makes Bluey look polished...but just as much a powerful statement to the glory we celebrate here.

I'd love to have this...but I know the likelihood of that is nil but I would be very comforted knowing the story...and much like Ole Bluey it looks pristine vintage un-f'd with...

John-Collector-Sacramento-CA-2006-17-von-20.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...genized-hotrods.1002926/page-76#post-12720529

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Jet96 likes this.
  15. Jet96 likes this.
  16. steves29

steves29

Back in the day would be the easiest way to cool flathead. I cost me $$$$ to have a rad built for a 29 shell.

Sent from my SM-J327W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app