Register now to get rid of these ads!

kong distributor

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Flathead Mike, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Flathead Mike

Flathead Mike

Hi everyone. I'm glad to be a member of H.A.M.B. Does anyone know what make and year that Kong Jackson used for the rotor and distributor cap on his Flathead Ford distributor? Thanks for any info. you may have.
    Flathead Mike

2. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga

3. I was trolling the H.A.M.B. Site, looking to find Traditional Period Hot Rod Parts for my 33 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. But, I think it was a 1930/31 Lincoln V/8 Autolite IGL-4001a Cap & Rotor. I’d wish someone would step up & Reproduce the Original Kong Distributor. Best Regards Respectfully BigDTexasKid.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  4. after 9 years,you finally get a reply???? Big D Kid.why?

5. Well, I’m just wanting a Traditional 30’s- Late 40’s period Salt Flat 33 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster. I’ve got a Harmon-Collins Distributor, But always wanted a Kong Distributor. As, it was (the Distributor) To Run at the lakes. I was very inspired by Jack Morgan’s Red 34 Roadster’s ‘Hot Rod Mag in April 1951 Front Cover. I found that Mag in my uncles Collection. From 1970 I started reading R&C Mag. I was inspired by Tom Senter’s White Paper in Ardun Ford Motors, Kinmont Brakes, Jake Jacobs 33-34 R&C Articles, Gray Baskerville, Tex Smith, Wally Parks, Roy Richter, etc... garage Scene, Vintage tin, so, I’m working on my Roadster Auburn Dash, Nos Auburn Gauges, DuVall Windshield, 33 Lincoln Grill Shell, 59-L Block Thicksten Heads, Head Covers, PM-7 Dual High- Rise Intake, Thicksen Finned Air Cleaner All Original. H-201a Halibrand Quick-Change Rear End. Kinmont Brakes on all 4 Wheels, Chassis built, But bed to start on Body. I’ve got all new Body Wood, all Steel Body Panels, 37 Lincoln Steering Wheel, Firestone Ribs & Diamonds, I’ve got too many Projects. 32 Ford RPU,33 Ford 3-W Coupe, 34 Ford Cabriolet, 33 Ford Stock V/8 Pickup, & tonite I Purchase off eBay a 1931/32 Lincoln Core Distributor. It’s going to need parts & needs to be rebuilt. I’ve got a Sun Distributor Machine to rebuild it.

6. An about 10 more.. my dad inspired & influences were due to him working for FoMoCo at the Dallas, Tx. Assembly Plant. For 4 Years, I had my school class, to go to a Field Trip. there’s nothing like it. To see your dad working on the assembly Line with your classmates & Teacher! I kinda got off base of the Subject. I wanted a Traditional Rod like my dads 2-1936 Ford Cabriolet’s & his 1933 2-Door Chop Sedan, 1951 Ford Convertible... etc, I want a Go Fast Lakes Rod...