Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stupid questions and those who ask them (p.s. it's me)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by That_53_Guy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Now you're thinkin'!

That_53_Guy likes this.
  2. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Thanks Cactus, your right. Being more familiar with Rochesters which have the flies further down the bore.
    Beer can, ha ha. Pulled a trip set off before and found the same thing. I have tried with a 4L plastic container before, but they tend to get pulled into the manifold with heat and vac.

cactus1 likes this.
  3. That_53_Guy

That_53_Guy

Ok here's the next thing: why is it when I throttle it manually from under the hood it's very smooth and very responsive, but when I step on the gas pedal inside it just wants to stall and sputter?

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Extreme pedal ratio which makes it more of an on/off-switch?

That_53_Guy and Elcohaulic like this.
  5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Just FYI, carb butterflies have beveled edges that prevent full closure even when they appear to be fully closed---- except for butterflies that are specifically designed to be secondaries. Also, most/many carbs idle screws will not stop air flow completely. Blocking plates are the only reliable solution.

That_53_Guy likes this.