Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Thanksgiving and hot rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 17, 2018.

1. With Thanksgiving just days away I know some of you plan on going to Daytona for the Turkey run and others like myself will stay home or visiting with family.

[​IMG]

Brenda and I will have a house full so the only hot rodding I will do on Thanksgiving day is the usual last minute trip's to the grocery store for a overlooked item.

I hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving as many of you will be traveling to your destination to visit family & friends.

Please take a moment to remember our men and women who put themselves in harms way for us to be able to have the freedoms we enjoy in America,contrary to popular belief ~ Freedom is not free! HRP

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Hombre, Stogy, 3W JOHN and 16 others like this.
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Mary and I are having Thanksgiving at home with the fireplace going and a thanksgiving feast that can't be beat.... Well, you'all know how the rest of it goes....
    Wishing you and yours a happy one.... :)

3. For almost 25 years now, local hot-rodders have been meeting up Thanksgiving morning for a pie run. For many years it was in the tiny hamlet of Galesville, Md., but for the last few years in Deale, Md., hometown of the Brothers Osborne. 45242508_10213368943917912_5729554482455379968_n.jpg 044-vi (1).jpg

4. oldsman41

oldsman41

Well up here in ohio it will probably snow but if it doesnt i will go for a ride in the merc.

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I usually make a run to Gilbert, Az. for Thanksgiving. I always go for a drive and always see some nice rods rolling around the streets.

Staying home in SoCal this year. No snow and hopefully no winds or heat. Looks to be a nice mellow weather pattern this year for us.

I hope that everyone has a Nice Thanksgiving with your family's and friends.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  6. Unfortunately with the recent snow up here in New Hampshire the 33 will be staying in the garage. Would have preferred to take it for a ride!

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I like the idea of a pie run. I like pie!

8. Pecan Pie sounded good till I saw the Pecan Rum Pie, never had but it sounds great! HRP

9. toml24

toml24

I plan on driving to Ventura, CA. for the Turkey Night Grand Prix for midget race cars. This will be my 38th Turkey Night since 1973. The big "X-Factor" is the 101 Freeway through the burn areas. A lot of people driving north to aunt and uncle Buck's house for dinner and then the lookie loos doing their thing looking for fire damage. It might rain as well so Thursday will be very adventurous for me. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

We go right across the road to wife's parents house for dinner, then drive 20 miles to my Mom's for supper. We might take the OT Firechicken, but figure we'll end up in the wife's Expy. Only hot rodding I'll do is look out the window at my car and wish it was back up and running....

11. Eight inches of snow before Thanksgiving.:eek: So hot rods off the salted roads for this year.:mad: Nothing left to do but eat Turkey and Pie!:p
    [​IMG]

12. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I'll be heading up to my swapmeet space at Daytona at zero dark thirty Friday morning (Red Field Row 9 Space 296). Probably just for the day. I'll have a couple 9" Ford rears and a transmission I'm delivering, plus a few other parts. I made the mistake of going up on Thursday years ago, missing Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I'll never be allowed to do that again.

Lee

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  13. Deuces

Deuces

This needs to go on Friday Art thread..... :)

14. A artist interpretation of celebrating the first Thanksgiving.

[​IMG]

Like myself, back in the 50's I'm sure many of you grew up when Thanksgiving Day was reminiscent to that featured in the famous Norman Rockwell painting.

thanksgiving.jpg
    Thanksgiving Day is not quiet as Traditional as it once was. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

The only thing missing in this parody is the damn cell phones, the rule at our house is no phones at the table.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  15. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

We are staying home this year and not going to Philly so I plan on driving my coupe all week.

16. Help yourself! :)I did not do it, just picked off the net.:rolleyes:

17. One of my Thanksgiving memories is arriving at my grandparents house and my granddad,dad, my uncles and my male cousins piling in the old Chevy pickup and going rabbit hunting.

Us kids had a ball and more often than not we brought enough rabbits to keep my granddad happy for a while. HRP

18. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Mary and I are having Thanksgiving at home with the fireplace going and a thanksgiving feast that can't be beat.... Well, you'all know how the rest of it goes....
    Wishing you and yours a happy one....
    And officer Obie sez watch for those incriminating envelopes. :)

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. Deuces

Deuces

Thank you sir! ;)

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.