Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Gassers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDN34Pickup, Aug 1, 2005.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Green Thing

green thing 6 cyl.JPG

Grim Reaper

grim reaper.JPG

Gustin Bros

howard's jinx and chevy gas.JPG

2. Deuces

Deuces

This thread rocks!....

3. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Really digging this thread. Also quite happy that this is being rereleased soon. This thread has given me too many modeling projects for the few I have on the shelf.

2FD6B0DE-5E6E-4878-9C98-294F37833A02.jpeg

4. X2. :cool:

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

The bars on this one must be connected to the A frames:D
    upload_2018-11-16_17-4-22.jpeg

7. Deuces is on a roll!!:)

8. rooman

rooman

Mark's original point was that the guys following the Junior Stock thread would probably like to see the photos of those cars and would be unlikely to go looking for them in the gasser thread. Just like Corvette fans not bothering to go to a Mopar event in search of 'vettes. The whole point is that this thread is headed "Tri Five Gassers" not just any tri five vehicle. How hard is it to post photos in the appropriate place and not pollute the theme of a thread.

Roo

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Missed the quote
    @low budget said:
    The bars on this one must be connected to the A frames:D

Many of the early cars had ladder bars that looked like they had been "improved" with additional trussing, these look like they are in the very early stage of R&D.

10. Tri Five Friday.....

Attached Files:

11. And if your on this thread and you would like to post them in where you feel the should properly be...go for it...be my guest...make your thread cooler....not gonna hurt my feelings..in the meantime I’ll keep putting pictures of Tri five Drag Cars on this thread...seems like everyone but a couple of you dig it....Mob Rules!

12. [​IMG]image uploading

Friends, This would be a Modified Production car. It has a front bumper , no straight axle and it has a 327 Chevy engine in a Chevy body. It must be carbureted only. No blower or injectors sticking out of the hood. This is NOT a Tri-Five Gasser.
    It belongs in this thread: https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/modified-production.348502/
    I thought some of you might like to know this info. Only Tiki and a few in his " mob" cannot comprehend this.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  13. primed34

primed34

No disagreement on this being a M/P car. But there sure are a lot of pics on this thread of cars with gas class on them with A arms. A straight axle was not required to be a gasser.

enloe, LOST ANGEL, quick85 and 2 others like this.
  14. No disagreement there, 34. That's just one of the rule differences, and something a poster could use to figure out where his pics belong. But the biggest clue of all is the C/MP,..right on the fender, in plain sight.:rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  15. Im not that hung up about what class the car ran in...did any of you that get on this thread and bitch about a car “ not being a gasser and should be in the modified production, junior stock, modified production, blah blah blah blah class” start this thread...have you contributed to this thread other than to get on it and tell folks this car belongs on this thread, this one on that thread..every car I’ve posted has been a tri five gasser, modern gasser, or vintage drag car..that simple...again please be my guest to take the pics I post and put them in whatever thread you want...problem solved....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  16. I knew that....

"Post up some pics of some tri-five gassers. I searched and only found a few on 55's. My dad has a 55 chevy, and I am thinking about buying a 57 wagon to make a gasser out of. Anyway post some pics please!"

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. 55chevr

55chevr

AHRA/NHRA added Modified Production Class in 1964.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yeh
    You know I've come to the conclusion that one among us has completely missed the point of having seperate threads for gassers, stockers, super stockers, modified production, etc.
    We like all of them but I'd no more submit a photo of a M/P car to a gasser thread than I would post a photo of Dolly Parton to the Linda Vaughn thread purely because they are both women.
    Just goes against the grain of everything that is right!

19. Ok not comparing apples to apples or should I say melons to melons...I’m taking the path of least resistance...I get on here to relax and “check out” for a few minutes, try to post up some cool stuff, offer up some advice, see some great work done by others...I will not try to decipher what 8 threads the Tri Five “drag car” I have a picture of goes into...again.....I stress again....if YOU would like to add ANY of the pics I post to the thread you feel it needs to go into be my guest...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    chryslerfan55, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  20. Saturday morning wake up post....I’ll await the Post Police....guilty of posting some bitchin Tri Five Chevys...guilty as charged...letters on the window be damned...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  21. 55chevr

55chevr

Posting anything about 55 Chevys is fine with me … Don't give a damn if it an official "Gasser" or not. The posting police be damned.
    Joe

22. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Nice of you to include my photo of "The Undertaker" '55.

Deuces likes this.
  23. Great looking car and a great pic...

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  24. Nope..Not at all. Just trying to preserve our heritage on a TRADITIONAL site.
    I click on this thread to see GASSERS, per the original poster and the author of this thread's request.
    Not M/P cars, not Stock Eliminator cars, not street freaks, not modern street burners not car show poseurs.
    We've been over and over this, and I guess there are a few who are just incapable of learning the difference. Either that, or they're just natural ball-busters.
    In either case, I'll keep pointing out the differences, for those who would like to learn.

chryslerfan55 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  25. rooman

rooman

Mark's (and my) point is that there is a thread for any tri five Chevy's if you don't care (or are unable to work out) what class they ran in (or were simply street driven). The original theme for this thread as posted by the originator is Tri Five Gassers (as it says at the top of the page). I know that loveoftiki and quick85 are both too old to be millennials but they are sure not acting their age as in screw the rules/guidelines, I am going to do what I want.
    quick85 missed the whole point of my comment re the Mopar show--it was the fact that at a Mopar show the expectation is that there will by Chrysler products there and the same applies to this page--the expectation is that there will be gassers, not stockers, modified production cars etc. It is not the end of the world that the stockers and /MP photos are here but everyone would be better served if they were posted in the appropriate threads.

Roo

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

When is this due to be released?

chryslerfan55, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  27. Deuces

Deuces

I think that one is already out..... Check eBay!....

Gizzy and loudbang like this.
  28. Deuces

Deuces

While it is true that some of us (including me) don't know all the classes that the tri-5 Chevies competed in, they sure are nice to look at... So, please.... Let's just enjoy them please.... Thanks!... :)

29. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

They all look good, the "One Gone Dog" is a time capsule. I talked to the guy that owned it up to Mtn Parkway in Clay City Ky. He said "Can you believe my wife wanted me to paint it!".

30. loudbang

loudbang