Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Dragettes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. 47years married and she has not killed me yet. She has nothing to be self conscious about. She will be 70 in a couple of months and still looks like a kid. Plus she loves 32 Fords!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^You definitely have a "keeper" there. But, you already knew that!!!!!^^^^ . Sounds like we BOTH have "keepers" there!!! Cars are't everything, are they? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

lothiandon1940, ct1932ford and Stogy like this.
  3. Oh ye 55ford4small.JPG kansas-city-dragettes-9-187x187.jpg ah! I remember that day...

lothiandon1940, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  4. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

And a year later, the KCTA hosted the NHRA Nationals there!

5. Elrod

Elrod

Hot Rod Magazine, December 1951 issue:
    Women of Racing! Doris Stinton of Bell California spent most of her teenage years saving up $600 for her dream car, a competition Roadster. She found the car in the local paper, for sale by a man named Don Lutes. Don actually stayed in the picture and Doris and Don eventually married each other. Doris and Don together brought the roadster to full mechanical perfection doing most of the work herself. Together they joined the Strollers Car Club and began competing with the roadster at El Mirage and local airstrip drag racing. On August 27th 1951, Doris and Don made their way to Bonneville making nine runs through the clocks with Don behind the wheel. Their fastest speed was 136 mph. The consistant Times turned and the total lack of mechanical failure reflected very positively of the quality work Doris put into this build. Doris planned to return in 1952 and pilot the 32 roadster herself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. X-cpe

X-cpe

I've had lots of girls and women in my auto shop classes. They generally do very well, but they cheat.
    They do the reading before the lecture, take notes,ask questions, participate in the labs, and study for the quizzes and tests. :D

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Amazing. Clean, nice looking women with no tattoos in sight anywhere. Now the cars are clean and a lot of the women are marked up.

Wonder how many of those women are still around playing with hot rods?

dan31, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Just took some welding classes at the local cc and there were several young ladies in every one. Yes, they were All pretty good students and several ended up with jobs upon graduating. Enjoyed the photos, Thanks.

9. This is my experience with students as well, the women are usually at the top of the class in theory and the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and Speedy Canuck like this.