Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lithium Battery Jump Starter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mwhistle, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got the one Costco sells and have jumped my John Deere 325 lawn tractor with it. It didn't have enough poop to crank my dualie with a 454 in 32 degrees the other day but that battery was stone dead too. This one charges off a USB cable that plugs into the lighter of the vehicle so there isn't much chance of overcharging it by leaving it connected to a charger. I bought my daughter one of the bigger ones that has the air compressor and what not on it a few years ago and she has used it to jump the cars of several coworkers and air up hers and other's tires.
    I carry extra long jumper cables in my dualie and will jump anyone that needs it off it but I am not jumping anyone with either of my daily drivers as both have too much electronics on them.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. karl share

karl share

I have a Noco Genius GB40 works a treat, has started everything from my 4 ton forklift to my ride on mower.
    Some of my mates were so impressed that they went out and bought same.

jazz1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

4. jazz1

jazz1

The Genius GB 70 is the beast for diesels and hard starting V8’s. These units fit in the glove box.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had a couple of the old style that have a battery like used in kids riding toys. They worked good for about a year, then the batteries would get where they wouldn't take a charge. Haven't tried a lithium one. I just drag out the jumper cables.

6. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

[​IMG]
    This is my Portable Jump Starter. 12 volt battery used to be part of my House Solar Power until recently and I had to replace them. This one I kept as it was still good and it stays on a small Solar panel charger. Stays at 12.8 volts all year and I use it to charge 12 volt tools etc. Have not had to use it to start a vehicle as yet and then I will use the jumper leads I have. As for my past posts in this topic may I just say buyer beware and look for a quality unit if you decide that is what you require. Roadside assist can also be a cheaper option.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018