Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodbye Meltdown

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by RacerRoy3, Nov 14, 2018.

1. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was shock to see that there is a posting on the Meltdown Drags site that there will be no Meltdown in 2019. Apparently they are having staffing issues.
    The announcement stated that the Fallout will still continue. :(:(:(:(

2. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the information. Now I can go back to sleeping at night.:)
    I am not sure that I am excited about them allowing post-'66 vehicle though.

3. I never made it to the Meltdown, nor the Fallout. But, for me, the appeal was the "vintage" time frame, 1964ish and prior. Same specs as Vintage Torque Fest, Back To The '50's, and the new show in the Northern Missouri, Rumble At Thunder Valley. That is the era I enjoy. If I wanted to see muscle cars, I could go to a Goodguy's event. But now, they are allowing 80's cars. That is cool, be turns me off, and I am a returning Goodguys member!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018

4. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Good morning-

Just to be clear, there are no staff or staffing issues. When a hobby or passion turns into year round work, it goes from being fun to being work. We all want to take some time to work on our own cars, race with many new friends and have fun!

Uncle Sam's and The Fallout will still take place.

Gammz, Calkins and biggeorge like this.
  5. bobw

bobw

We'll give "Glory Days" at Byron a try next year. If it is half as good as the Meltdown it will be worth the trip.

6. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No offense meant okiedoker. Not being willing to give up your whole life for something that was supposed to be fun is what I consider a staffing issue. It was not meant to infer a lack of volunteers.
    There were more "white shirts" this year than I ever remember seeing and every one of them were great folks. It has always been one of the best run events that I have attended in 60+ years. I hope that they continue to bring in Scott's Rods and the gasser and super stock groups. Isky and the other legends too.

For what it's worth; I really miss the Pile-Up too. Is the event at Union Grove still being held? I never made it up there but it is closer for me than the Fall Out.

bobw, I hope to finally catch up with you at Byron next year. Good lord willin' and the creek don't rise.