Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUR HISTORIC CUSTOMS DESTROYED IN MALIBU FIRE

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Austinrod, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Total loss of

Dave Cunnigham 40 ford
    [​IMG]
    Ray Goulart '50 Olds Kustom.
    [​IMG]
    Kart Hauler
    [​IMG]
    The Norman Timbs Special
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and 48fordnut like this.
  2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. The Norman Timbs Special was also in that collection and lost in the fire.
    NT.jpg

morac41, chryslerfan55 and Austinrod like this.
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I hate hearing news like this.

Deuces likes this.

5. jim snow

jim snow

Bummer. Snowman

6. I really like that '40. Hope the insurance at least pays enough to restore them again but you know how they are.... Darn shame.
    Wouldn't mind building myself a copy of its earlier version but time, money, and abilities are all lacking on by part.
    IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2526.PNG

7. dan31

dan31

Not good

Deuces likes this.
  8. pro tc

pro tc
    from Dubuque Ia

Some people moved there cars down to business parking lots on pch. Must not of had time to get them out.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Very sad to see this. We knew with the devastation that significant property would be lost forever but hoped against hope that would not be the case.. Heartfelt sympathies to all who are impacted by the fires. Those vehicles are now truly history as well as historical. Major bummer.

Dave

chryslerfan55, jim snow and Austinrod like this.
  10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

To repeat the 'news': Owner and his wife were out of state, sadly.

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Not good.

Deuces likes this.
  12. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

To the insurance agents out there. Don’t cheap out on paying these people the material value of their automobiles. That’s the least you can do. You’ll never replace their passion they had for those cars. They’ve already been kicked hard in the nuts already and don’t need to be kicked again.

I would love to see or hear who paid up and who cheaped out. Might come in handy when I shop insurance next time around.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, bct, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  13. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

VERY SAD

Deuces likes this.
  14. Saw the '40 had sold at auction for $60000. Hope there was insurance and it was for more than that. Could see running through $60k easy to bring it back.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Well to be fair an awful lot of people don't understand what insurance is for, or how it works. They cheap out on the policy they buy. People have even had their car stolen, and then they try to submit a theft claim on a state liability policy. How stupid is that? LOL They pay 11 bucks a month and act like they won the lottery if something bad happens.

Talk to your agent sometime and ask her about all the dumbshits that try to get over, the various schemes they cook up, the "get somethin' fer nuthin'" crowd as my dad used to call 'em.

Another classic is when a financed car is totaled. The insurance co. used to cut a check directly to the car owner. Not sure they do that anymore, because dumbshit doesn't realize they still have to pay the loan off. They cash the check, spend the money... And can't figure out why they have bill collectors after them. A good part of an agent's day is often spent arguing with people who can't even figure basic arithmetic.

16. 34Larry

34Larry

"Ditto" to every comment made, just so damned sad.:( The ' 40 sedan was always a favorite with me.
    There has to be way more cool rides gone also, I'm expecting to see more pic's of them as time goes on.

17. glrbird

glrbird

Lots of pictures of early cars lost in the fires on Facebook, Not for the week hearted.

18. 34Larry

34Larry

Facebook sucks. Would not have an account and post there if you paid me.

19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

tell us how you really feel larry!

Truck64 likes this.
  20. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Very sad. I saw footage of a burnt out ‘40 on the news last night, someone’s dream car was now a devastated hulk. My heart goes out to all affected by the fires.

21. Classic Instruments

Classic Instruments
    Alliance Vendor

Very sad to hear. I saw the Norman Timbs Special a few years ago in Indianapolis. Classic one of a kind beauty. Hopefully there can be some salvaging of these cars. Remember Tom Medley's '40 Ford and even the Auburn Speedster. Sad to see all of the destruction.

22. The Timbs Special has always been a unique one of a kind car, any automobile being lost to a fire is sad but historical significant cars is hard to take.

I feel for all the people that have lost everything and the loss of lives far outweighs any material possessions. HRP

23. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Try to read what I wrote. I'm not talking about genuine victims.There is a class of people unfortunately who are always trying to pull a fast one, get their BIL to set their car on fire, you name it, all kinds of stupid shit.

24. I'm in at $25k agreed value on my Ford. I suppose it depends on how the policy is written. Cars with a history with them may be written up a lot different than most cars we see here.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

oh man that 40 is one of my favorite old custom cars. an incredible loss.

26. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Talk to your agent sometime and ask her about all the dumbshits that try to get over, the various schemes they cook up, the "get somethin' fer nuthin'" crowd as my dad used to call 'em.[/quote]

These people didn’t “Cook up” anything.

They got cooked! I just hope these serious Car Enthusiasts get at least the material value for their treasures and don’t get burnt.

27. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Not the time or place to talk about what your saying.

It’s a total different ballgame, way out of your league.

Go back and read the post from the beginning so you understand the magnitude of the devastation. Turn on the news, it’s not a robbery in the trailer park.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  28. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

All in the "same" collection??? That's really sad. But really, there's no way to prevent something like this from happening; it's completely unprecedented. However, putting ALL your eggs, in ONE basket so-to-speak, it's hard to understand. As an example, Neil Young's home, the one he just paid 3.6 dollars million dollars to to Daryl Hannah, before he married her(???), is really hard to understand. I just hope the "ranch", he left to Pegi, in the divorce, 1000 acres before he sold half off when he "needed the money" (???-he's worth like 65 million), is OK. I've been a fan of his music for as long as I can remember; not so much with his politics, and "earth-views". But, then again, he is CANADIAN, and has NEVER sought U.S.A. CITIZENSHIP, in the 40 PLUS years he has LIVED IN THE IN THE U.S.A., and is very vocal on what he believe's is wrong with THIS country and politics,so the politics really does't count, does it? I really think the loss of life is the BIGGEST concern, although old cars is personally really high on my list of "material" things. This WILL change a lot of things, a lot things of people took advantage of and thought could never happen to them. I'd never live "in" the city, or "in" the country; but you have to live where where you can live and have appropriate government services readily available!!! Unfortunately, a lot of these people took a big, unforceable risk. Many thought California would slide off into the Pacific with an earthquake; instead, it literally burned down, and took a lot of history with it, and cars we'd all love to have. THAT, is history. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.