Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods museum in nevada? a little help please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rd martin, Oct 9, 2018.

1. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

looking for some info from the hamb gathering... I keep hearing about this museum I believe in Nevada, that has some of tommy ivos cars in it if im not mistaken, any info would be great. possibly other drag cars also? thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Been a few years and relying on my memory, but there was a museum in Winnemucca that might be what you are thinking about?

3. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

The Winnemucca one closed. No help from me ,But info

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thanks for the replys, anymore info would be appreciated. I throught I heard the 4 engine car was out there in Nevada some where. ivos 4 engine that is.

5. squirrel

squirrel

6. butch27

butch27

There was one in Reno had a lot of Roth's cars

7. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thanks for the replys guys. I will do more digging.

8. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

9. I believe the current 4-engine dragster is a recreation, as the original dragster morphed into the Wagon Master and is still around in that guise.
    Not sure where they are located however.

Mick

10. Fyresq

Fyresq
    from Minden, NV

E92BCA3C-F6B8-4B1C-91F7-D23DB8C5DEDE.jpeg
    Pretty sure you’re talking about the national automobile museum in Reno Nevada which was the bill harrahs collection. There are a couple Roth cars including the beatnik bandit as well as a whole slew of cars from the late 1800’s to the 60’s. It’s setup in 4-5 galleries exhibiting different periods with signs for every car. There are extremely valuable cars to see including the tucker, a couple duesenbergs, celebrity cars etc. pretty amazing. My little girl in a t on one of the “streets”. There are quite a few drag and land speed record cars on display as well.

11. I was there (Reno) a few months ago with my son, who is a student at UNR. There was a Garlitz dragster there, but no Tommy Ivo cars. Lots and lots of cool stuff though.

12. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

thanks for the info guys

13. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

The Winnemuca deal never even broke ground, and when the market bubble burst, the owner sold most of his collection @ .50 cents on the dollar paid.
    The Ivo "Showboat" IS a clone and is in a private collection. It was built to preserve the "Wagonmaster" for the most part , original. The then owner bought the WM and was going to strip it down a convert it back to the SB , and would lose the WM, Ivo convinced him to keep the WM as is and clone the SB. Under the WM bodywork, the car/chassis was really beat up and hacked back together from years of running, better to let the full body hide it all

Attached Files:

lurker mick and jnaki like this.