Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mid Century Modern Furniture

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by curbspeed, Jun 2, 2018.

1. 1954fordkustom

1954fordkustom

Here is part of my living room

Attached Files:

2. Mtn Goat

Mtn Goat

Attached Files:

3. vintage6t

vintage6t
    from CT

Growing up in the 60s my parents had those same Lane Acclaim two tier end tables and coffee table. I also used them for many years and sold the set sometime back. Your pic brought back lots of memories.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mtn Goat and loveoftiki like this.
  4. [​IMG]

Adrian Pearsol Thunderbird 1956.

Searched for this couch for a few years befor we found this in PA, and had it shipped to the Left Coast.

From Spiro T Agnew’s Estate.

In its original Upholstery... till we have the sheckles to have it reupholstered.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Muttley

Muttley

I have a pair of chairs stashed away that are very similar to that without the cushions or footstool. I'll have to dig them out a get some good photos. Maybe someone can identify them and give me an approximate value.

Mtn Goat and loveoftiki like this.
  6. 19highboy32

19highboy32

My stuff, living in the past!
    [​IMG]

Mtn Goat, Aswright, Squablow and 10 others like this.
  7. Evil Emery

Evil Emery

[​IMG]
    A few thrift finds this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Black Wagoon

Black Wagoon

Dayumn, that's nice!!

CJ 56 hemi, Hendee and loveoftiki like this.
  9. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I have a very large collection of Candleglow, missing only the coffee cups.

loveoftiki and Evil Emery like this.
  10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Just to underscore how the midcentury trend has grown, two antique shops featuring midcentury just opened in downtown Mesa in the past month.

11. Recent finds and our new door...now if the weather would cooperate..I need a sunny 60 degree day to install

Attached Files:

12. cretin

cretin

I’m still moving in, but here is how my living room is coming together.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. I've got a few old things lying around :D

A pair of Hans Wegner "The Chair" chairs. Barn find condition, my grandfather bought them new in 1959...

[​IMG]

A pair of Finn Juhl "45" chairs...

[​IMG]

Actually the sideboard, lamp and nesting tables in that photo are all MCM pieces too. Got some other stuff laying around, most of which is not to my wife's taste :D

14. Our 1960 bedroom set and “the lamps”...3 hour drive! Vintage paint by numbers. Our “green bathroom, we also have a “blue bathroom” with blue tub, toilet, etc..some of the lighting details....and the pocket door! We had a college kid staying at the house while on vacation and we said “keep the dogs in the bedroom side of the house...close the pocket door...he called back and said what and where is a pocket door haha. Oh yeah also asked if we had a microwave...yep it’s in the brick wall haha
    My new front door...now need a warm day for install.
    Also the new green and blue Formica countertops for the bathrooms..winter project

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  15. We looked at a house with this same kitchen layout and cabinets

Attached Files:

16. Some houses from my hood and some pics I’ve had in my files for awhile

Attached Files:

17. One of our favorite places...Chins in Livonia..built in 1954 and hasn’t changed much....about as tiki as we get in Detroit

Attached Files:

18. Got a couple of gravel art pieces from an Artist in Chicago named Kymm Bang. She has FB and Instagram. She has some cool looking stuff.

Attached Files:

Squablow, Malcolm, TREE and 2 others like this.
  19. Stopped at an estate sale today...we love vintage paint by numbers...this ones done very nice and it’s pretty large..and the other 2 pieces are very cool..

Attached Files:

117harv, Squablow and Sancho like this.
  20. fleetside66

fleetside66

That's funny....I painted that exact ship picture back in the late 1950's. I also painted a Cubist one which, at the time, I had no idea what Cubism was. I can still smell the turpentine. Do people still do these things? Thanks for posting all of the great mid century places in your "hood." Gotta love it.

21. Lepus

Lepus

mcm3.JPG My parents bought this set when we lived in England in the late 60s I don't know what brand it is, but it must have been well made, to survive 4 boys.(the chairs were fun to spin around in) My mother had them reupholstered a few years ago,but since she died a couple months ago, and none of us wanted it for our houses, its now for sale at an antique dealer in Frederick mcm4.JPG , Maryland. mcm1.JPG

22. Well....this was the one thing I wanted to get done before the crap white stuff starts flying...and it’s supposed to fly tonight..I started this and quickly found out I was in over my head. The old door jamb needed totally ripped up and re framed, needed almost 2 inches outa the header... had a guy get it done today and still took him about 3 plus hours...gotta go get more oval O trim from the real lumber yard...he had the Home Depot stuff...

Attached Files:

23. Very cool...would love one, but wall space is limited...

24. Your welcome...and they’re aren’t vintage paint by numbers anymore..the cool thing about the ship painting is it’s bigger than most paint by numbers. My wife’s all about the tropical themed stuff...we have 2 more coming via eBay in the next couple of days..she keeps those on her side of the room, the ship goes above my dresser

Sancho likes this.
  25. Here's my Witco tiki bar. My grand parents picked it up at an auction is was with them at in the 70s. 005.JPG

26. Wow...just missed a Witco fountain, a couple cats, and a big witco tiki..some tikiphile had an estate sale, I was #10...#1 bought that stuff.
    That Bar’s awesome..I’m sure you know it , but Elvis’s Jungle Room was decked out in Witco

Sancho likes this.
  27. Used to like Dale Yee's at Five and Merriman. Have never been to Chin's, next foray for the wife and I to the "big city" we'll have to go there. Favorite Chinese restaurant name is Kitty's, one of my late aunt's lived in Dearborn Heights, that was her go to plece.

28. Kittys was the go to place my folks on ford rd and middlebelt..Chins was also high on their list..I always voted for Chins. It was even cooler in the 70’s when the waterfall worked.
    Dale Yees is about a mile and a half from my house!

Btw same family that owned kitty’s owned Chins...both had the best almond chicken with the good brown gravy...mmmmm

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  29. Cool Allison painting of the old ChinTiki that was on Cass Ave in Detroit..it was a Tiki Temple and visited by celebrities, people on first dates, prom dinners..the Chins in Livonia is also owned by the Chin family and pre dates the Chin Tiki. Some of the artifacts from the Chin Tiki now reside inside of Chins Livonia

Attached Files:

Sancho and brEad like this.