Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Ford windshield wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 12, 2018.

1. I haven't had the opportunity to drive the coupe in the rain but now the monsoons have set in and the wiper blades are shot from sitting so long are the wiper motors in these old Fords worth keeping or are most of you guys using something else?HRP

2. ST62

ST62

I got lucky with my '51 pickup wiper control,vacuum operated, it works pretty well actually. I have found that it is a little sketchy in heavier rain when the wind is blowing. Doesn't always have the extra power to overcome the wind. I plan on keeping it as long as it is working pretty well. I haven't found any re-fill blades for it yet.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. ST62

ST62

Could very well be. Thanks, I'll check in to it. Now, how about brake drums for a F2, 1951? 16" I think.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Both of my 36's have just 1 wiper blade, the Chevy still has vacuum and the Ford has a Mighty Wiper, so when its raining, RAIN EX is my friend. Mitch.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I am very familiar with Rain-X & that;s what I use on my old Deuce but I am planning on making the '50 coupe more of a daily driver so the wipers & a heater/defroster are my next pieces to get working properly. HRP

7. Colonial Coupe

Colonial Coupe

Newport wiper setup in the 51, oem in the 50 coupe and the f1. Only downside with the oem in the coupe is that with a little cam the wipers don't have enough vacuum in overdrive or pulling out from a red light or going up a hill or just stepping on the gas or or.
    There is no downside to the newport electric wipers, easy install and always work.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

X2on Newport, fool proof.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. ST62

ST62

I do see the rears, wheel size wouldn't matter, Wasn't thinking.... Thanks , so far I've got most stuff from a place in the east, I don't have an invoice handy to look at here at work. Memory is getting worse.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

For those who don't know, electric wipers were available on Ford pickups in 1951 and 1952. It was a 6 volt Bosch system. Kind of rare but if you want one they are found mostly in F7 and F8 trucks, but I owned a F1 that came with them.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.