Register now to get rid of these ads!

weiand valve covers for SBC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rover, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

20180922_084616_001.jpg

these are the ones i got from KiwiKev years ago. finally being put to use after years of being wall hangars while i had other priorities. nestled between them is a wcv327 that i really wish i had the proper valve covers for!

swade41, Max Gearhead and Louie like this.
  2. wicarnut

wicarnut

IMG_0615.JPG This set is on my 51 Mercury, (350 Chev) I bead blasted, painted the black and cleared them, holding up well 5 years now. At back to the 50's a few years ago a man offered $500 for them, turned him down as I've never seen a set anywhere like mine I've been and like having something unique/rare.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  3. titus

titus

those are actually pretty common valve covers, heres a set on ebay with a buy it know of $150 , another set sold for $95 and another for $59

s-l500wy.jpg

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Interesting, been watching at shows for 5 years, never saw a pair. Guess I should have taken the $500 , no matter, no sense making any money on my hobby cars, never happened yet, will keep my streak going till my end. LOL

5. Speedtwin

Speedtwin

[​IMG]
    Here is my set of Weiand valve covers on my sbc 283.
    Interestingly, they had a chrome plate finish that I stripped back to leave the Nickel to match the other plated bits on the Roadster.
    They came of a 1960s circuit racing Jaguar that had a 350 sbc fitted!
    They are pretty beat up and pitted but I kinda like them like that

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. I just scored this set from a really nice old fella.. Went with a buddy to look at a project 32 Ford pickup.. really
    nice guy.. He was showing us around his place ( 5 hours we spent looking at is collection it was fun) We just happen to talk about what kind of hot rod I had.. told him about the 36, it was powered by 283 and it had a Weiand "Say Why And " intake. blah blah. He told me I never sell anything , and he said today I'm in a selling mood.. you need those.. Now I couldn't remember what heads I had didn't want to say no... He asked me what I had in my wallet and I told him, that's good enough their yours.. This is what I love about this hobby.. I won't sell them as I made him a promise if they didn't fit I'd just keep on the shelf like he did (30 years) .. So looks like I'll be looking for some early power pack heads to bolts these on in the near future. Thank you HS... WEIAND VC.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    weemark, INVISIBLEKID, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  7. ray

ray
    from colorado

nice score.

FWIW i had good luck drilling my aluminum edelbrock heads to fit my set of stagger bolt weiands. cast iron heads may be a different story. using slightly more modern rubber gaskets instead of cork seals them well. i've had them off many times and it takes no gasket goo to seal them.

rob-redm and loudbang like this.
  8. Thank you ! right place , at the right time... @ray