Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Late 60's early 70's traditional rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KKrod, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

246.jpg 245.jpg 248.jpg 251.jpg 269.jpg

Attached Files:

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This thread caught my eye since I just received this photo in the mail. I have no idea
    when it was taken.

Z Scritchfield.jpg

4. brad2v

brad2v

@jnaki, that Delivery is fantastic. And @ramblin dan, I think I'm in love with that cream with gold fenders chopped A Tudor. Beautiful.

5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

6. Does anyone have any info or more pics of this T? The only other one I have ever seen looks to be from the same day with the couple driving it.

This car keeps me up at night....
    image.png

EVL401, deadbeat, Sancho and 8 others like this.
  7. yngrodder

yngrodder

The Original Kessler/Ward Roadster on the road at the Midwest Roadster Run this fall. Screenshot_20181104-193139.jpg Screenshot_20181104-193207.jpg

8. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Here is a 5 window from 75 in southern california.

bathroom redo 001.JPG

9. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Upon reading another old, magazine article on a young, Bruno Cirello online, it brought back those photo shoot days down in San Diego. My wife and I would take a long coastal drive down to San Diego and make it an all-day event. We would stop off for lunch in La Jolla or our favorite taco/burrito shop in Encinitas. The drive into the inland portion of San Diego was different. We were used to the coastal/harbor area. But, as we found out, inland was the hot bed of a club called the Prowlers of San Diego.

2011: Bruno (the son, not the father) gives thanks to his mom and dad for instilling a passion for hot rods, noting that they grew up as teenagers in the '50s. "I grew up in the back of a '34 Ford two-door sedan and then a '29 Model A roadster," said Bruno. "My sister and I would sit in the rumble seat listening to oldies on the way to car shows."

upload_2019-1-13_4-7-48.png
    At a car show up in LA County back in those old days, I met some hot rodders from San Diego. Being invited to their annual picnic was a treat for this “twenty something” with history in hot rods and drag racing. The event was the annual Prowlers Picnic taking place at a favorite inland lake park. It was eye opening to say the least. All kinds of roadsters, coupes, sedans, sedan deliveries and trucks were scattered all over the park. (The best spots were, being under or near a tree for the much needed shade at this park.)

Immediately, I saw several cars that would fit my needs for a photo shoot and story for the hot rod/custom car mags up in the LA/Orange County. One of them just happened to be a cool looking 1934 Ford two door sedan, owned and built by Bruno Cirello, Sr. from Spring Valley, CA. It was painted black, the style was all hot rod, without going overboard with fancy colors or splashy wheels. The sedan was just a hot rod built for cruising and enjoyment.
    upload_2019-1-13_4-18-41.png The Stance...
    upload_2019-1-13_4-8-41.png
    327, dual quads, Muncie 4 speed, a Paul Scheifer Clutch and flywheel (from La Mesa, CA.)

The 2 door sedan was built for cruising and family comfort, as mentioned above. For me, it looked like my wife and I would be extremely happy cruising around in So Cal with this custom build. There was plenty of room for my wife and I, our photo equipment and a little dog. (We always evaluated each photo shoot, hot rod for OUR possible future...) There is as much room like a sedan delivery, but, with windows and no dreaded, right, rear, blind spot. Being twenty somethings, the back seat looked more inviting than the back of our 2nd 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. It was a car my wife liked tremendously.

Jnaki

The title was Basic Black, but the Ford Sedan was nothing like being a basic hot rod. Custom touches were evident and it was just a well-built sedan. This is a classic sedan, with plenty of room for the family to enjoy hot rodding/cruising, along with big V8 SBC power.

upload_2019-1-13_4-22-3.png Hurst Shifter upload_2019-1-13_4-22-41.png Ansen Sprint Wheels

Attached Files:

10. One of my delivery that was sent to me this week. It was taken at the Western Md. Street Rod Round Up. But probably more like the late 70s early 80s?:rolleyes: We didn't mind the tires sticking out of the fenders back then. Lol Ron..... 20190111_061353.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

EVL401, deadbeat, Sancho and 12 others like this.
  11. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Bob Hetherington roadster built by Magoo

Attached Files:

EVL401, brad2v, Sancho and 4 others like this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

15. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

About 7-8 years ago I spotted this car on craiglist in San Bernardino CA. Went to look at it unfortunately it had been the victim of poor storage and need a LOT of tlc to be usable. Owner had it priced like he was going retire off the proceeds of the sale and was firm on the price.

Bowtie Coupe and jnaki like this.
  16. Olds_Powered_29

Olds_Powered_29

I know this is dragging up an old thread…

but my dad was sending me some pics earlier of photos he took at a show up in Duluth MN, and I’ll be damned if one of the cars on this thread ended up in the hands of one of my dads buddies… B58F70A7-42E8-40AA-BEE1-70B33051C7CC.jpeg E1040C53-718C-400E-8B47-ED7E50C85C62.jpeg

Wondering if anyone knows what magazine and year that top photo ran in? Owner in photo? The bottom pictures are as it was in 1982.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  17. JimSibley

JimSibley

Man, is it just me, or do all of the roadsters look like clones to the mcmullin roadster?

18. Street Rodder or Rod Action. I'm thinking Street Rodder. I have it but not up to an archaeological dig right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.