Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i'm sure that's june cochran. here's a pic of her with linda vaughn. besides being on the hurst team, june was playmate of the year, 1963. Scan0042.jpg

loner2, loner1, Bowtie Coupe and 13 others like this.
  2. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

This a a custom roadster of Gable's on a '37 Lincoln Zephyr chassis with the infamous flathead V12.

And yes, all the other famous stars in the other photos, Cary Grant. Bing Crosby, Roy Rogers, Claudette Colbert Gable and Elvis are who they appear to be before there are a bunch of questions about them.

loudbang, Deuces, jbenedetto2 and 3 others like this.
  3. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and Gary Reynolds like this.
  4. must be france, german sub pens in background.
    5655-169623
    mlight9

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. In the early 1970s, I had the chance to buy this same model. It was copper colored and was offered to me from a guy in Pacific Beach, California near San Diego for $500.00. It was in awesome, rust free, solid shape, but it was missing a rear door for some reason. I figured I would NEVER find a door for it so I passed on the sale. WHAT A FOOL I WAS!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Indian Springs AFB, NV. 1952

[​IMG]

Bowtie Coupe, Samj, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  7. tinsled

tinsled

Photoshopped? The stance is too low for the 60's period... Pumpkins are not that heavy...

Deuces, jbenedetto2 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You might find this interesting; in the early 70's I had a girlfriend who had a brother that had (one) NOS Chrysler Town and Country door, don't recall if it was a convertible or coupe, always thought it odd because he never had a car that I know of.
    Wonder what that would be worth today.

chryslerfan55 and classiccarjack like this.
  9. Having grown pumpkins, they're heavier than you think - so it's within the realm of possibility - although I'd think only the rear would be dragging down - not the front as well.

Boneyard51, tinsled, 47ragtop and 4 others like this.
  10. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

IDK man... My El Camino's weren't heavy haulers. Both of mine were inline 6 cars and had a car chassis for the most part. My Rancheros were not really heavier in the chassis either. My latest El Camino was a smaller 64, the earliest was a 1960. The Rancheros were a 1958 and a 1974
    Both would lower quickly when loaded... But they sure look bitchin!

After getting into trucks, I stopped buying those car/truck vehicles.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and fbi9c1 like this.
  11. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

It is not photoshopped. You apparently are not familiar with '59 suspensions. The ElCaminos were not heavy haulers and yes, a load of pumpkins like that is heavy!

12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

If you think pumpkins are not that heavy try stealing two of them from the farmers field when you are a 110 lbs kid!

13. Hupmobile Model R. I see the plate is 1924 - so the car is near new. Not up on the year by year changes with these but I think not earlier than 1920.

14. jroberts

jroberts

The first '57 Chevy that I ever saw was an Army staff car. We were living in Eritrea (east Africa) and I got sick. My Dad called the base and they sent a brand new '57 Chevy staff car that looked just like these to come pick us up and take me to the post hospital. Even in Army olive drab paint, it looked good to an 8 year old kid.

15. Mart

Mart

I didn't realise the significance of this until I googled the image of the military 57 Chevy's all lined up. Mr Google says La Rochelle France, and yes, indeed WWII sub pens in the background.

I always learn something new every time I visit this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.