Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kudos to Summit.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GordonC, Nov 9, 2018.

1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no problem bitching when I think I got short changed or screwed with by a company so I guess it's only fair to also give credit when it's due. I posted in a thread on UPS rates about ordering some hood support rods from Summit only to have UPS dump an empty box with a hole in it on my doorstep yesterday about 4 in the afternoon. I called Summit's customer service number about 7 last evening. Had a short wait on hold and then finally got a young lady on the line. I explained to her that an empty box with a hole showed up from UPS with no parts in it. She asked me to hold so she could go file a claim with UPS and then came back online to say I am shipping those parts and you will have them by tomorrow. Now I didn't really think I would get them the next day but I 'll be damned! At 9:45 this morning the UPS guy comes strolling up with a box and in it are the rods!! I have no idea how they could have gotten here that fast but all I can say after picking my jaw up off the floor is great job Summit! A little more than 14 hours after filing my complaint I had the rods in my hand. I don't know where they shipped from but that has to be some kind of record! I'll definitely use them again!

robracer1, Stogy, Tim and 9 others like this.
  2. I've ordered a lot of parts from Summit and the shipping is usually very quick, my only complaint is their return policy is a PITA if you screw up and order the part wrong, for me it wasn't worth the trouble or expense to return the part so I just added it to my swap meet parts. HRP

chryslerfan55 and GordonC like this.
  3. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kind of in a different vein, but I had a positive experience with Summit a couple of days ago. I got an email from them telling me that I had $20 worth of "Summit Bucks" expiring on November 11. I didn't even know I had any such thing. It just so happened I needed a couple of Mallory "YL" rotors. I looked on their web site, and there they were for $7.95. I ordered them with a total cost to me (with shipping) of less than five bucks. The rotors are that crappy red color (which I will not accept in one of their caps), but for a rotor inside the distributor, I can live with it.

For those of you who have purchased stuff from Summit (which I do only rarely), it might behoove you to log into your account to see if you have accumulated any "Summit Bucks".

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and GordonC like this.
  4. robracer1

robracer1

I've said kudos to Summit Racing a 100 times,

Stogy and GordonC like this.

5. A pleasure to deal with. Never had a complaint. Of course it helps that I work 7 miles from their Arlington, Texas warehouse.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Well, like I said previously their sells service is excellent and they ship promptly.

Case in point, I ordered another sending unit around 3 PM yesterday and the UPS driver walked in the shop around 11:30 AM with the package, that's less that 24 hours. HRP

7. catdad49

catdad49

Gordon, does your wife know about your "rods"?!

8. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, yes she does!:D

catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

I really like Summit...they go out of their way to make you satisfied. I used to use Jegs (nothing bad to say about them) but years ago when I had to use Summit...they just got me hooked!

Stogy likes this.
  10. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Summit has usually been good to me as well.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I have experienced nothing but outstanding service from Summit. HRP, I'm not sure what your return experience has been, but I have returned a lot of stuff with no hassle. If you need to ship it back, you don't even need to put postage on it. Just use the RMA and the address on the back of your receipt, and send it to them. They deduct the shipping cost from your refund, and it is way cheaper than if you prepaid shipping at retail.
    After I "finished" my hot rod coupe project, I had a whole pile of stuff to return. I was taking a trip to New England for something unrelated, so I stopped by the summit retail store in Talmadge, OH, as it was only 10 miles or so off my path. I brought the pile to the return counter, along with a stack of receipts. I could only find about 75% of the receipts. I apologized for the big return, the guy said "no problem, returns happen." It took him an hour to sort thru it all, and match receipts up to parts. Then they gave $1200+ in cash, and I only paid $44 in restocking fees. Not to bad, as some of the stuff was over 3 years old, including an SFI approved 5 point harness that was expired.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are top notch. I have been their Customer for about 20 years and only once had a problem with a tci th350 that lost its sprag after 1500 miles
    Needless to say they sent me a new trans on their cost to Germany !!!!!!and all I had to do was to take the bad t350 to the nearest airport and pick up the new one.
    They won't let you hang.