Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead fan mount question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Katuna, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

This is for future reference but, given my present set up, what would be the best way to install a stock fan setup? I have a dual belt crank pulley installed. I think I have all the parts from the original fan buried somewhere in my stash. Right now it has an electric fan which I despise. Eventually I'd like to swap it out. I went with what I have now as I didn't care for the head mounted Offy bracket but I'm sure that's what I'm looking at now, right?

Not the best images but it's what I have at work. Promaster alt and strap on an offset Offy bracket.
    IMG_2263.JPG IMG_1122.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Are those pickup pumps? If so, you could use some form of the stock pickup idler pulley and the fan that attaches to it. Might need to modify to get the fan correctly placed front-to-back though. This would ride in the front sheave of the crank pulley.

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Not sure this will help you but on my 8BA I used 49-51 Ford 8RT wide belt water pumps and a wide belt pulley on the alternator or stock generator. Also used the stock 8RT fan pulley bracket, hub and fan pulley and 8RT wide belt crank pulley. I later modified the fan carrier bracket and made my own fan pulley so it would work with the OFFY 4 bbl. aluminum intake. BOB DRAKE now sells an after market fan pulley for this. This set up has been discussed at length when installing an 8BA in a 36 Ford. Zip over to Fordbarn and do a search.

Attached Files:

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

That’s what I was thinking. I think I have the truck fan assembly somewhere. This was a truck motor originally.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I’m running a Powermaster vintage looking alternator. Plus it’s slung off to the driver side using an Offy offset gen. mount mounted at the front of the intake ala stock.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app