Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '27 Roadster Build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Texas36, Aug 29, 2015.

1. 54MEB

54MEB

I'm so proud of this young man! This for me is a proud dad moment! When we built his '36 high school truck I did most of the design and work and he provided a lot of labor. This one is all his. I only helped when he asked but made sure he was the one calling the shots! Also, this could not have happend without the help of a lot of great guys!

Frankie47, kiwijeff, Jibs and 9 others like this.
  2. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! A young man and his traditional hot rod, it doesn't get any better than that. Congrats.

Texas36 likes this.
  3. Subscribed

Walt
    Outsiders CC

Texas36 likes this.
  4. Earlier this week my dad tackled the brakes on the car and got everything lined out .Last night we discovered my intake valve assemblies werent correct and the keepers I had didnt work so a buddy came by this morning to give me the parts I needed. Tore the engine down and got that fixed then started hearing a knock. We found that a valve seat had popped loose , luckily nothing was damaged so we got that fixed. Engine still knocked and even worse this time. So for the third time we tore the engine down to adjust the valves some more. Didnt fix the problem so we Dropped the pan to inspect everything and just couldnt find what the knock was. Finally after the fifth time taking it apart we realized the pistons were touching the head ever so slightly on one side. A bit of polishing and the knock is gone! Needless to say it was a stressful and long day but a great learning experience. I even drove the car to the gas station! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Very cool and glad the knock wasn't more serious. have fun.:cool::cool: JW

Texas36 likes this.
  6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Wino and his family are top notch

Texas36 likes this.
  7. Best people I know. He got here early and wouldnt leave until my car was running right (which was at about 9 at night) .

8. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Congratulations, I’ve enjoyed your build thread

Texas36 likes this.
  9. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the engine issue with out damage! (It’s great to have friends like that, too.)

Texas36 likes this.
  10. Thanks!

11. It was one of those things that I should have checked from the beginning but my impatience got the best of me again.

brEad likes this.
  12. The hotrod bustle has been put off for two weeks due to San Antonio being one giant lake right now. Gives me a bit more time to make things pretty

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Such a blast to drive. Im having to get used to 80 year old technology though, this aint like my ford focus!

14. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Nice looking T

Texas36 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  15. "Im having to get used to 80 year old technology though, this aint like my ford focus!"

Ha! You should print T-shirts that say that?!

Texas36 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  16. Thanks! Still got a long way to go

17. Haha you may be on to something...

krbstr and cactus1 like this.
  18. farmer12

farmer12

Congrats! Looking good!

19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. That's really coming along nicely. I just noticed that the front spring eyes are nearly touching the perch bolts, this wont leave much front suspension travel. You have done so well on this car and it is a credit to you and your supporters.:cool::cool::D JW

Texas36 and alanp561 like this.
  21. Lol yep theyre a bit close... everything on this car is pretty janky. Ive got a lot of rework to do when I have the time. Thanks for the kind words!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  22. You are welcome, I got my RPU going with a lot of unfinished stuff and tried it out for a while and when nothing broke or fell off I pulled it apart for finishing. Nothing worse than changing something when its all buttoned up and done. JW

23. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Hotrod Bustle in San Antonio. The best event in Texas

24. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

That last picture is perfect.

25. That makes it all worth the effort, that is totally COOL!!:cool::cool: :D JW

Texas36 likes this.
  26. madfish

madfish

27. So cool man!! Screensaver worthy!

28. [​IMG] I took the car to the local cars and coffee this past saturday. I really need to get this thing legalized

Lil'Alb, Tim, Nailhead A-V8 and 13 others like this.
  29. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

Man that is such a cool T. Cannot imagine driving that in Houston lol.

Texas36 likes this.
  30. Past few months Ive been pretty burnt out on cars but we went to the Hotrod Showdown last weekend and my motivation was restored. Im going to tear the car down and fix all the bugs it has and hopefully make it street legal soon. [​IMG] photo by my buddy @TexasSpeed

jimgoetz, alanp561, Tim and 14 others like this.